Senior UX Designer
— Make your career count at a leading UK charity
- Flexible working hours and work from home.
- 30 days holiday.
- 2 hours a week dedicated to self-development.
We’re looking for a Senior UX designer to join a well-known charity in London.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll sit in the UX team which includes service design and research – reporting to the lead UX. As a team of 6 you’ll be creating products and services that will genuinely be changing people’s lives.
Day-to-day this will be a varied role and work on each stage of the user experience lifecycle. You’ll be working with user researchers to ensure qualitative and quantitative data is understood and turned into improved services. Contribute to a growing design system by defining design principles and producing artefacts including wireframes and prototypes.
Working closely with Product Designers and senior stakeholders you’ll also lead user research projects, testing activities. An important part of the role is lead internal workshops to bring stakeholders across the business on board with user experience. The UX team is established but still growing in size and capability and your voice counts! You’ll be encouraged to lead change across the organisation through research-sharing and introducing your findings.
You’ll mentor and manage junior designers supporting and developing their skills. This is your chance to educate other teams in product vision and User experience, especially the importance of best practices.
In this role you’ll be designing services that are used by an incredibly varied user base. You’ll be helping people from all walks of life get access to life changing support and by making information more accessible and user focussed - you’ll be making a big difference.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Good knowledge of UX design: from prototyping and defining best practices, to being able to spot opportunity from user insights.
- User research methodologies & persona construction. Including running qualitative and Quantitative research sessions.
- Proven ability to design responsive website and apps.
- Past success in facilitating ideations sessions to create organisational change.
- User testing expertise and cross-functional, collaborative working skills.
- Figma / Sketch / Axure / Balsamiq and wireframing capabilities.
- Experience of mentoring more junior teammates.
- Bonus points if you understand HTML & CSS!
- Top notch stakeholder management skills.
- Public showcasing/publication of your work would be a real advantage.
- Confidence and personality!
What you’ll get in return for your experience
Work-life balance is taken very seriously here. So, you’ll get 2 hours a week for your own personal development, as well as work from home options, flexible working hours and a whopping 30 days holiday with 8 bank holidays. When you are actually in the office however, it’s fair to say, you’ll get an unparalleled start in your UX career, with a vast range of experience to be garnered here.
If this role has your name on it, please apply with your CV and Portfolio.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Growing agency with a brand focusLocation:BathSalary:Up to £40k DOE
— Global Integrated AgencyLocation:BristolSalary:DOE
— Make your career count at a leading UK charityLocation:LondonSalary:£30K + WFH