— Forster Communications
PR Account Manager – Forster Communications
About Forster Communications
We are looking for a PR Account Manager to join our team and help deliver stand out sustainability communications. You will be running a diverse portfolio of business and charity clients to deliver positive social and environmental change.
We use specialist insights and creative ideas to deliver strategic communications, thought leadership and flagship campaigns. Our clients’ aims vary from delivering global sustainability initiatives to changing behaviour on issues such as mental health, the climate crisis, food, biodiversity and responsible business practice. They include Patagonia, BMW Group, Danone, Penguin, NHS Charities Together, Prevented Ocean Plastic, Energy Savings Trust and Neighbourly.
We are a growing B Corp with 10 Best for the World awards. We won Edie Sustainability Consultancy of the Year in 2019 and 2021, with both our Climate Positive Plan and client work recognised, and were recently awarded Communications Agency of the Year for Third Sector and SME of the Year in the Global Good Awards.
What you’ll be doing as our PR Account Manager
Everyone in Forster is expected to actively live our company values (Curious Minds, Collaborative Attitudes and Pioneering Actions) and be 'adding extra' to our clients and company overall, regardless of level or professional skills.
Critical skills and expectations for a PR Account Manager are:
- First port of call for client on delivery issues
- Account planning - translating strategies into tactical delivery plans with supporting timeline and budget
- Understanding of different tactics and how to use them to generate results
- Delivering agreed tactics (eg media relations coverage, content creation or social media campaign)
- Inspiring, timely, accurate, calm management of accounts
- Strong writing skills in multiple formats (eg email, ppt, reports, content creation)
- Ensuring 99% accuracy of materials before they are passed for sign off
- Able to pattern research and insights in a relevant format (working with senior consultant to agree that format)
- Growing strategic planning skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, building client relationships and able to handle one to one conversations about key deliverables
- Good pitch presence and starting to lead on key elements of proposal writing
- Actively contributing knowledge and ideas to clients and business development processes
- Able to co-ordinate a team and manage upwards and downwards
- Building personal network (eg journalists, client contacts, suppliers)
- A strong voice within the company and growing externally
As our PR Account Manager, you'll be:
Responsible and in control of:
- Managing client accounts, and taking appropriate and timely action to ensure expected outcomes are met
- Growing personal knowledge of communications tactics
- Starting to build PR plans for clients and new business proposals
Fully accountable for:
- Delivery of agreed client plans to time and to budget
- May have specific line management accountabilities
- Actively consulting others
- Using resources from across the company to deliver best results
- Contributing knowledge and expertise wherever possible to support Forster overall
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Proven track record in running PR programmes with activities including media relations, content creation, digital and social media promotion, ideas generation and outstanding project management.
- Previous experience as a PR Account Manager, PR Account Executive or in-house PR role.
- Self-motivation and commitment to excellence are critical. We are open to corporate or consumer background experience and expect you to bring a thirst for knowledge, a fascination for communications and a genuine interest in sustainability – although it is not a problem if you haven’t worked directly in this area before.
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Forster Communications. As a fellow B Corp, they are well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose and a want to make a positive impact on society and the planet. Please note that any candidates that approach Forster Communications directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.
Inclusion and equality
We value and encourage diversity and difference and believe that we are a stronger company as a result. We are really keen to get applications from people from underrepresented or minoritised backgrounds.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— FMCGLocation:Bristol/ remoteSalary:£40-45k
— Forward Thinking OrganisationLocation:Bath/ remoteSalary:£24-27k
— Purpose driven organisationLocation:London/ RemoteSalary:£35,000 - £45,000