— Revolutionary Drug Discovery platform
- Fast growing and extremely innovative scale-up.
- Utilising unique methods for drug discovery.
- Strong career progression opportunities.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting London based drug discovery innovator utilising machine learning to vastly improve the drug discovery process and produce more effective therapeutics worldwide. In line with growth, they are looking for a highly motivated molecular biologist driven by cutting-edge high throughput sequencing method development and execution. As part of the NGS team you will help to develop and run the sequencing workflows to establish genotype-phenotype links that we use for building machine learning models. You’ll work with their dynamic R&D teams to drive the discovery and development of protein therapeutics for unmet medical needs. Sequencing is core to their Platform, so you’ll ensure that they produce high-quality data, on time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to drug discovery projects by using short- and long-read sequencing technologies to analyse biologics repertoires as part of the directed evolution platform.
- Investigate, develop & onboard newly implemented or standard sequencing workflows and experimental techniques. Assist in planning the expansion of their internal sequencing capabilities.
- Strive to improve data quality and throughput by optimising established workflows from sample input to read output.
- QC analyse, interpret, and troubleshoot NGS runs working closely with the R&D teams.
- Mentor and support the training of technical and non-expert colleagues in NGS technologies.
- Collaborate with our Display, Data Science, Bioinformatic and Automation experts to help design protein libraries and screening strategies.
- Keep excellent experimental/data records for cross functional teamwork and project learnings.
What experience you will need to apply:
- A PhD in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or similar, or equivalent industry experience with significant expertise in NGS.
- The ability to generate and implement new ideas with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Able to perform a wide range of molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, multiplex PCR and RT.
- You’re comfortable with challenging yourself and acquiring unfamiliar scientific skills and knowledge.
- You have excellent organisational and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritise, define timelines and deliver to these commitments.
Nice to have skills:
- Previously worked with production-scale Illumina systems (NextSeq and above), or with TGS systems from other manufacturers (PacBio, Oxford Nanopore, etc), preferably employing laboratory automation.
- Experience in generation and analysis of amplicon sequencing and/or RNAseq data in directed evolution workflows.
- Developing strategies for immune repertoire e.g., TCR sequencing.
- Familiar with open-source software, bioinformatics tools and languages such as Python.
How you enjoy working:
- You’re comfortable with a rapid pace of work in a dynamic environment.
- You work to the highest standards with high attention to detail, data needs to be robust so that they can learn from it.
- You’re happiest working in a collaborative context. If you love flying solo, this isn't the right role for you.
- You’re equally comfortable challenging as you are with being challenged.
- You get excited about learning new technologies and approaches.
- You want work to be meaningful and to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on humanity.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
To be part of a brilliant and purpose driven team, for a company dedicated to have a positive impact on human health, with like minded people. The company also offers flexible working, self-study budgets, one to one coaching, and they are big on diversity!
For more information or to apply, apply directly to this advert to speak with Roy Bennett.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Lead a friendly and dynamic team in a fast growing companyLocation:CambridgeshireSalary:Competitive
— Varied work in friendly and dynamic teamLocation:CambridgeshireSalary:Competitive
— Disruptive Biotech innovatorLocation:HertfordshireSalary:£70,000 - £100,000