Head of Product
Hello there! At Zigzag.dog, we are on a mission to transform the lives of dogs & the people who love them. Dogs bring joy to households all over the world. They are our loyal best friends bringing unconditional love & companionship. The early stages of puppyhood are critical for healthy cognitive development, and a natural window to build a lifelong bond. Sadly, a majority of dogs don’t get the right training at this critical stage, often leading to behavioural problems or worse, abandonment. We’re here to prevent that. That’s why we’ve developed the Zigzag.dog app – a digital coach which guides you through the ups & downs of early puppyhood with a personalised plan & a raft of tools, ensuring it’s fun & stress-free all the way.
We are a small corporate-backed early-stage company, with big hairy ambitions. Following early test market success, we are looking to build our team of hungry go-getters to take this venture to the next level. This is a great opportunity for someone who’ll enjoy all the thrills and challenges that come with building a start-up business from the ground up, but will also have the support to leverage from one of the largest pet care businesses in the world.
About our Product Lead role
As Head of Product / Product Lead / Senior Product Manager your main purpose is to build and drive the product vision, based on a deep understanding of customer needs & business requirements. You initiate, coordinate and implement all product initiatives within our young, rapidly growing organisation. Your skills & experience provide you with a strategic growth perspective and strong commercial focus to help us achieve our mission of bringing total peace of mind to puppyhood, the world over. As somebody who thrives on challenges that are put on your plate, you’ll enjoy being hands on in executing your vision, helping the team problem solve, always looking to raise the bar in performance. You’ll make essential trade-offs in each sprint and feel comfortable playing into constantly changing insights and opportunities. Importantly, enjoying the challenge to build, manage and develop a growing team of UXers & Developers and establish a forward-thinking culture fit for the dynamic sector we operate in.
What you’ll be doing as our Head of Product
- Play a lead role in the formation of a senior leadership team that will realise Zigzag’s ambition for global success on a grand scale.
- Turning to the product itself, you’ll bring a deep understand of user needs, values & motivations.
- Set a bold strategic vision for the team, and translate that into bitesize experiments to build, measure and learn their way to success.
- Identify tactical product opportunities & gaps and develop new ways to drive user value, customer experience & growth.
- Plan and prioritise short, mid and long term product roadmaps across the user types
- Present visions and concepts to the team, gaining buy-in with use of research findings, data insights & analytics.
- Continuously evolve how we take the product to market, based on our understanding of the market and our user-base.
- Champion the use of analytics and research to justify business decisions and assess the performance of features.
What experience you’ll offer
- Several years’ experience working in and leading product teams at either Product Lead / product Manager, Head of Product, Chief Product Officer or Product Director level.
- You will be members of the founding team and will build the company from the ground up – if you have experience in this, with an expertise in product that would be amazing.
- Be in a leadership role for a small company, you will bring proven business acumen to shape our organisation.
- A data-driven approach with clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics & statistics -strategy consulting experience considered a plus
- Strong people & leadership skills, with ability to inspire teams to constantly raise the bar
- A strong feel & empathy for user experience & design.
- An eye for the hidden processes & associated technical trade-offs of the website & app and provide direction to the tech team.
- An agile mindset, comfort with ambiguity and able & willing to adapt to constantly changing realities.
- A hands-on & self-starter, innovative thinker with a nothing-is-impossible mindset
- An entrepreneurial mindset, motivated to continuously build and improve processes and tools that enable the product vision.
- Experience of working within a successful start / scale up and / or consumer facing subscription mobile apps would be advantageous.
- We are building an international presence - international experience & languages are considered a plus
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You can expect a base salary between £70k - £105k, (dependent on experience), a competitive benefits package that will include an incentive scheme rewarding you for helping Zigzag achieve its long term ambitions. As a late stage start up, with the backing of global organisation, you’ll be joining the business as we enter a period of significant growth, with that comes fantastic long term career and personal development opportunities.
How to apply for our Head of Product role
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Zigzag. They’re a B Corp business and well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose that wants make a positive impact on society and the planet. Please note that any candidates that approach Zigzag directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.
Inclusion and equality
Here at Zigzag, equal opportunity runs through every aspect of the business. We are creating an environment where a diverse mix of talented people want to work, do their best, and share in our journey for the long term. We’re building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, as we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better and more innovative our work will be. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and can be their authentic selves.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Be the product championLocation:Remote roleSalary:£50,000 - £65,000
— Join an industry leading AI businessLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £75,000pa
— Working in a product focused environmentLocation:LondonSalary:65,000