You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Senior UX Designer
— Senior role with a focus on career development
- Play a leading role in a growing UX team.
- Enjoy a modern, start-up culture, with trust and flexible working.
- Amazing benefits for health and lifestyle.
We adopt a fluid, collaborative style which allows our teams the freedom to get involved with 360 UX design process and work across multiple strands of the business. We need a strong senior designer or someone wanting to step up into a role with more responsibility and make a greater impact.
What you’ll be doing
You will be getting involved in all parts of the process from user research through to delivery in a role that promises versatility and the chance to do the things you are great at and develop in the areas where you have less experience.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Maintaining a user-centred and evidence-based approach (Design Thinking)
- Evaluating user needs and behaviours by conducting usability testing, research, expert reviews and surveys.
- Analysing research and distilling results into compelling materials such as task models, experience maps and design deliverables.
- Eliciting stakeholder feedback and buy-in by running workshops and interviews.
- Documenting the user experience, by creating and presenting low and high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, personas, IA, reports and other deliverables.
- Being skilled in, storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting, to enable UX activities.
- Articulating the importance of content modelling with stakeholders and facilitate that process.
- Designing experiences either from concept or as an iteration on existing platforms.
- Working closely with the creative team to develop the vision of the project
- Collaborating with developers in fast-paced design-build cycles
- Maintaining a strong focus on quality and timely delivery across multiple projects.
- Ensuring the user experience supports the strategic vision and is achievable.
- Willingness to try new methods and learn new skills!
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The office is a special place with our own on site café, pool tables, table tennis and more! You will also have options to work from home, various well being benefits (head massage at your desk anyone?) , Career progression is a development goal for all staff and there any other great benefits we can discuss when we speak.
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to be considered.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
— UK CharityLocation:LondonSalary:Upto £36k (pro rata)6-month fixed term contract. Deliver crucial digital services to people in need. Enjoy flexibility, a great working culture and rewarding work. We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join a top UK charity and help them create vital digital services. This is a 6-month fixed term contract. What you’ll be doing As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will join the charities growing digital department and work as part of a cross functional team of fellow designers, researchers, service design specialists, content creators and developers. Through a combination of online content, helpline and face to face services this charity delivers vital services to those in need up and down the UK and this role is forms an important part of a brand-new digital transformation strategy for the team. You’ll need a good understanding of UX best practice and be working from concept to delivery including creating initial sketches, workshopping ideas with internal stakeholders, creating highly polished UI designs and contributing to the brands new design system. You’ll need a good appreciation for brand and how to roll out various branded elements for digital channels and have fantastic stakeholder management skills, able to collaborate with people from all backgrounds. As a senior you’ll be trusted to make key decisions on look, feel and direction for new experiences as well as overhauling older journeys. What experience you’ll need to apply A strong understanding of UX principles and best practice. Good craft skills in UI design with the portfolio to showcase this. Experienced in the Adobe Creative Suite as well as design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, Figma or similar. Confident workshopping ideas with internal stakeholders and communicating design rationale. Experience of creating and working on design systems. A good understanding of brand and brand implementation for digital. An understanding of HTML & CSS would be an advantage. What you’ll get in return for your experience Working with a charity means tighter salary’s than other industries but you’ll receive some great benefits including generous holiday, a pension of over 10% and flexible working as standard. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to use their design skills for good and make a positive change to thousands of people in the UK. What’s next Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to be considered. a