Data & Analytics Lead
About the job
Hello there! At Zigzag.dog, we are on a mission to transform the lives of dogs & the people who love them. Dogs bring joy to households all over the world. They are our loyal best friends bringing unconditional love & companionship. The early stages of puppyhood are critical for healthy cognitive development, and a natural window to build a lifelong bond. Sadly, a majority of dogs don’t get the right training at this critical stage, often leading to behavioural problems or worse, abandonment. We’re here to prevent that. That’s why we’ve developed the Zigzag.dog app – a digital coach which guides you through the ups & downs of early puppyhood with a personalised plan & a raft of tools, ensuring it’s fun & stress-free all the way.
We are a small corporate-backed early-stage company, with big hairy ambitions. Following early test market success, we are looking to build our team of hungry go-getters to take this venture to the next level. This is a great opportunity for someone who’ll enjoy all the thrills and challenges that come with building a start-up business from the ground up, but will also have the support to leverage from one of the largest pet care businesses in the world.
About our Data & Analytics Lead role
As the Data & Analytics Lead at Zigzag your main goal is to lead & enable data-driven decision making by our product, design, engineering and management teams to drive user growth and product optimisations. You’ll be our champion of truth, ensuring accurate and clean collection, storage and insight across multiple data sources, leading data management and reliability. As a master of SQL, you’ll have the ability to build & maintain meaningful, easy to interpret, dashboards and reports, including relevant breakdowns and cohorts. Your strong business sense guides us translating data insights into impactful business decisions. You welcome the challenge of building the BI function as part of our ambitious venture, having a pragmatic and agile mindset, able & willing to constantly adapt to changing realities. You are pro-active and independent in what you do, and excited about joining our founding team.
What you’ll be doing as our Data & Analytics Lead
- Lead the data and analytics function to support our growing product and marketing teams in data-driven decision making.
- Ensure accurate and clean collection, storage and insight across multiple data sources.
- Develop, maintain and improve dashboards and reports to improve commercial performance, such as the enablement of end to end transparency on our subscription funnel.
- Conduct & translate data analyses into meaningful business decisions, including usage of the relevant breakdowns and cohorts.
- Lead data management and act upon opportunities for automation and innovation.
- Support team members in becoming more self-serving in answering analytical questions.
- Perform bespoke analyses for strategic planning purposes
What experience you’ll offer
- Several years’ experience working in a senior data and analytics role, preferably within a digital commercial environment
- Excellent SQL experience and ability to present meaningful data visualizations in drag and drop dashboarding tooling
- Experience of working with cloud based distributed data stacks
- High attention to detail, being the champion of truth for data-driven decision-making
- Strong business sense with thorough understanding of KPI dynamics related to ARPU, CLV, CPI, CPA, subscription models, retention and churn; and terminology such as maturing metrics
- Strong communicator, able to translate & articulate data analysis & insights into meaningful, valuable business implications
- Competencies and experience working on time-critical, data-processing and database initiatives
- A hands-on & self-starter, innovative thinker with a nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Experience with AB testing & cohort analysis. You should be able to guide our product team through experiment design, implementation and interpretation
- Pragmatic and agile mindset, able & willing to constantly adapt to changing realities
- Experience programming for analytics such as in Python or R is desirable
- We are building an international presence - international experience & languages are considered a plus
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You can expect a competitive base salary between (dependent on experience), a competitive benefits package that will include an incentive scheme rewarding you for helping Zigzag achieve its ambitions. As a late stage start up, with the backing of global organisation, you’ll be joining the business as we enter a period of significant growth, with that comes fantastic long term career and personal development opportunities.
How to apply for our Data & Analytics role
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Zigzag. They’re a B Corp business and well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose that wants make a positive impact on society and the planet. Please note that any candidates that approach Zigzag directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.
Inclusion and equality
Here at Zigzag, equal opportunity runs through every aspect of the business. We are creating an environment where a diverse mix of talented people want to work, do their best, and share in our journey for the long term. We’re building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, as we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better and more innovative our work will be. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and can be their authentic selves.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Green Tech CompanyLocation:Bristol/remote, UKSalary:Circa £100k
— 6-Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote, UKSalary:£400 p/day - £450 p/day
— 6-Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + London, UKType:Salary:£400 p/day - £450 p/day