Application Support Engineer (Oracle PL/SQL)
— Rapid progression
- Progressive company with massive growth plans in place.
- Lots of autonomy, great scope for training & progression.
- 30 days holiday and incredibly generous benefits.
A rapidly-expanding financial services company in Brentwood are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their team. Following a recent acquisition, the business is moving from strength-to-strength at pace, with extensive growth plans in place and very good scope for internal progression and personal development.
What skills you’ll need
- Background in application support up to code level fixes with a strong understanding of the full SDLC.
- Proven experience with Oracle PL/SQL. Any SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Significant knowledge of configuration changes, release coordination and documentation.
- Financial services background, ideally working with General Insurance and Policy Systems.
- Any knowledge of the MS stack (.Net, Azure) would be highly beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to be business-facing, good level of communication skills.
What you’ll be doing
You will work very closely with the Application Owner to act as the SME for various systems, including a General Insurance Policy System and a Common Policy Database for the business’ product offering. You will champion all configuration changes and look after adjustments to the Oracle PL/SQL database, as well as producing quality documentation using information gathered from internal liaison with the development team. This is very much a business-facing role with lots of internal customer engagement which will be coupled with your technical aptitude; you’ll be answering questions on-site and offering support to other teams where necessary. Due to the nature of the work there are some out-of-hours releases that you would be expected to support, but they make up for this by offering a degree of remote working.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offers a generous rewards structure which includes 30 days holiday (with the option to buy more) and a competitive pension scheme which pays twice the amount you choose to pay in up to 14%. They also offer an annual bonus scheme based on personal & company performance, private medical insurance, a flexible benefits package, flexible/remote working on top of 25-50% discounts on a range of their products! The culture is awesome, lots of training, good scope to progress quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to be their best, so give Joe a call or send in your CV to have a chat!