Android Engineer (Java, Kotlin)
— Rapid business growth & career progression
- Start-up business with ambitious growth plans.
- Scalable mobile application with 1m+ monthly users.
A progressive mobile start-up with aggressive growth plans are looking for a front-end leaning Android Engineer to join their team in East London. The business has built an innovative mobile app which offers a range of monetisation solutions to support their various partners to drive revenue, increase engagement and decrease overall churn. Today they operate across 4 continents, have 12 apps in market, c6000 daily users and around 1.8 million monthly users, which only continues to expand.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in full-stack Android Engineering.
- Full-Stack experience with a passion for high-level front-end and usability.
- Significant commercial knowledge of Java Android and Kotlin. .
- Good understanding of unit testing & test automation.
- Awareness of continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins or similar).
- Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment with fortnightly sprints & daily stand-ups.
- Any contribution to apps in Google Play Store would be beneficial.
- Any knowledge of things like Python, Golang, Retrofit, Dagger or RXJava would be useful, but by no means essential.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside 2 other Android Engineers and the Product Manager you will take responsibility for the development & maintenance of several Android applications, primarily focusing on the front-end aspect and looking to improve overall usability standards. Though this role is front-end leaning there will still be a good element of back-end involved, so you will need to offer full-stack expertise in order to hit the ground running. There’s a mixture of Greenfield & on-going projects to get involved in, the main focus being a large-scale migration from Java to Kotlin. It’s expected that you will look after unit testing & automation, as well as getting involved in daily stand-ups and fortnightly sprints. Overall there are three core products, two of which are on the same codebase with the third differing slightly, so there will be a lot of variety and constant exposure to new & emerging tech.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
On top of a generous salary (£55-75K), this start-up offers 20 days holiday (increasing year-by-year), an annual training budget to upskill your knowledge, a paid gym membership as well as a cycle to work scheme. They offer a flat structure internally with little hierarchy, giving you regular contact with the senior leadership team and constant learning from other Engineers in the business. One of the best things about this role is all changes made to apps are tracked on a weekly basis which allows you to physically view the real-life difference your work is giving back to the World!
This is an exciting opportunity with real scope for progression, so if you're interested, give Joe a call or send in your CV to have a chat!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Mobile / Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Web Design & BuildLocation:BristolSalary:£28k to £35k
— Design-Led Boutique AgencyLocation:CheltenhamSalary:Up to £34k DOE
— Ethical, sustainable businessLocation:SomersetSalary:Up to £35k