You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
UX Design Lead
— Leading Online Marketplace
- Major digital transformation just completed
- Help lead a cutting-edge design capability
- A flexible, modern work environment and collaborative team dynamic
Following a successful digital transformation, my client has become a 100% digital business, they are significantly growing their design capability across UX, product and research and they need a proven UX designer to lead on the development and delivery of our products and projects.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for a cross functional capability and leading small product teams of product, design, research and senior stakeholders. You will be the driving force behind our products through discovery, delivery tracks and beyond. You will also play a significant part in the strategic development of the team and the processes and principles they work to.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Put processes in place for product development of consumer apps and our ecommerce site and websites.
- You will be involved in every element of the process from team management/ mentorship, strategy, running and participating in design workshops and sprints as well as hands on design, prototype and test ideas.
- Strong knowledge of conversion rate optimisation and UX within an ecommerce/ online marketplace setting.
- Strong stakeholder management and influence with Pms, engineers and researchers as well as wider internal staff.
- Proven experience to be a leader within an agile culture, promoting UX principles and workflows.
- Proven ability to develop a UX strategy based on user research and to drive business growth, CRO and an evolving capability.
- Have a real passion for user experience and the industry as a whole.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
This role can be based in either the London or Manchester office and you will be subject to a grown up and trusting working environment, the business offers a competitive benefits package and have high levels of staff satisfaction.
Please apply with an up to date CV as well as an up to date portfolio or case studies in web or PDF form.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
— Senior role with a focus on career developmentLocation:LondonSalary:£60KPlay a leading role in a growing UX team. Enjoy a modern, start-up culture, with trust and flexible working. Amazing benefits for health and lifestyle. We adopt a fluid, collaborative style which allows our teams the freedom to get involved with 360 UX design process and work across multiple strands of the business. We need a strong senior designer or someone wanting to step up into a role with more responsibility and make a greater impact. What you’ll be doing You will be getting involved in all parts of the process from user research through to delivery in a role that promises versatility and the chance to do the things you are great at and develop in the areas where you have less experience. What experience you’ll need to apply Maintaining a user-centred and evidence-based approach (Design Thinking) Evaluating user needs and behaviours by conducting usability testing, research, expert reviews and surveys. Analysing research and distilling results into compelling materials such as task models, experience maps and design deliverables. Eliciting stakeholder feedback and buy-in by running workshops and interviews. Documenting the user experience, by creating and presenting low and high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, personas, IA, reports and other deliverables. Being skilled in, storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting, to enable UX activities. Articulating the importance of content modelling with stakeholders and facilitate that process. Designing experiences either from concept or as an iteration on existing platforms. Working closely with the creative team to develop the vision of the project Collaborating with developers in fast-paced design-build cycles Maintaining a strong focus on quality and timely delivery across multiple projects. Ensuring the user experience supports the strategic vision and is achievable. Willingness to try new methods and learn new skills! What you’ll get in return for your experience The office is a special place with our own on site café, pool tables, table tennis and more! You will also have options to work from home, various well being benefits (head massage at your desk anyone?) , Career progression is a development goal for all staff and there any other great benefits we can discuss when we speak. What's next? Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to be considered.