You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
UX Design Lead
— Leading Online Marketplace
- Major digital transformation just completed
- Help lead a cutting-edge design capability
- A flexible, modern work environment and collaborative team dynamic
Following a successful digital transformation, my client has become a 100% digital business, they are significantly growing their design capability across UX, product and research and they need a proven UX designer to lead on the development and delivery of our products and projects.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for a cross functional capability and leading small product teams of product, design, research and senior stakeholders. You will be the driving force behind our products through discovery, delivery tracks and beyond. You will also play a significant part in the strategic development of the team and the processes and principles they work to.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Put processes in place for product development of consumer apps and our ecommerce site and websites.
- You will be involved in every element of the process from team management/ mentorship, strategy, running and participating in design workshops and sprints as well as hands on design, prototype and test ideas.
- Strong knowledge of conversion rate optimisation and UX within an ecommerce/ online marketplace setting.
- Strong stakeholder management and influence with Pms, engineers and researchers as well as wider internal staff.
- Proven experience to be a leader within an agile culture, promoting UX principles and workflows.
- Proven ability to develop a UX strategy based on user research and to drive business growth, CRO and an evolving capability.
- Have a real passion for user experience and the industry as a whole.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
This role can be based in either the London or Manchester office and you will be subject to a grown up and trusting working environment, the business offers a competitive benefits package and have high levels of staff satisfaction.
Please apply with an up to date CV as well as an up to date portfolio or case studies in web or PDF form.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
— Top Manchester AgencyLocation:ManchesterSalary:Circa £45kJoin a top digital agency team. Enjoy a great working culture with training and certification opportunities. Work wth clients in health, eCom, FS and technology. We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join one of our agency partners in central Manchester. What you’ll be doing In this role you’ll be joining a specialist digital agency that provides strategy, design, build, integration and optimisation to their clients. You will bring user centred design to a client base that spans the health, e-commerce, financial services and technology industries, amongst others. We’re looking for a design thinker that’s comfortable getting involved at a conceptual level and seeing through projects to delivery, ultimately ensuring that products are built with the user in mind. Expect to run workshops with clients and user testing sessions to understand both business goals and user needs. The UX team in the Manchester office isn't huge, so you'll need a fairly broad skillset that does include UI design. You'll also produce deliverables related to information architecture, personas, journey maps, wireframes and prototypes. In this role you’ll intersect design, product and development so work will need to be comfortable working in cross functional teams and communicating design rationale to people of all backgrounds. What experience you’ll need to apply A deep understanding of design principles and user centred design. Client facing; able to have strategic discussions around design and communciate design decisions effectively. Experienced of running your own user testing and research. A good understanding of interaction design fundementals and modern design trends. A portfolio of case studies showcasing your approach to UX and visual design. Previous agency experience desirable. What you’ll get in return You’ll be joining one of Manchester’s leading digital agencies that has earnt some exceptional industry certifications. The business is well known for investing in its people and for providing great training and development opportunities to staff too. You’ll enjoy being part of a sociable and collaborative team that reward hard work with great incentives.