You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Award winning tech firm in the sports industry
- The opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in sports media and gaming
- Social able and supportive team with regular outings and socials
- A chance to further your programming skills learning Go
Come and support this innovative technology firm with their big data infrastructure and development. Join at a crucial time as this company scale up to deal with their rapid growth.
What you’ll be doing
The successful Big Data Engineer will come on board to support the rapid growth of their evolving data platform working with global brands in the sporting world.
Working closely with the team, you’ll have a say in the implementation of new approaches, languages, techniques and technologies as well as the chance to learn Go, the language the company has used for over 4 years.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Extensive Python back end coding skills
- Experience using relational databases like SQL as well as non-relational databases like NoSQL or MongoDB
- Exposure to Big Data Infrastructure, i.e Google Cloud Platform Services, AWS, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Kafka, Spark etc
- A degree in a technical/numeric field eg. Computer Science, Statistics or Engineering etc.
- Great communication and presenting skills
- An interest in sports would be a real plus!
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The salary on this one is up to £65K depending on experience as well as a number of great benefits including; flexible working hours, a friendly and fun team, a generous tech budget (to make sure you’ve got the right tools for the job!) and a real opportunity to develop your skills.
If this sounds like you the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: