Growth Marketer / Senior Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead
Hello there! At Zigzag.dog, we are on a mission to transform the lives of dogs & the people who love them. Dogs bring joy to households all over the world. They are our loyal best friends bringing unconditional love & companionship. The early stages of puppyhood are critical for healthy cognitive development, and a natural window to build a lifelong bond. Sadly, a majority of dogs don’t get the right training at this critical stage, often leading to behavioural problems or worse, abandonment. We’re here to prevent that. That’s why we’ve developed the Zigzag app – a digital coach which guides you through the ups & downs of early puppyhood with a personalised plan & a raft of tools, ensuring it’s fun & stress-free all the way.
We are a small corporate-backed early-stage company, with big hairy ambitions. Following early test market success, we are looking to build our team of hungry go-getters to take this venture to the next level. This is a great opportunity for someone who’ll enjoy all the thrills and challenges that come with building a start-up business from the ground up, but will also have the support to leverage from one of the largest pet care businesses in the world.
About our Growth Marketer / Senior Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead role
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Growth Marketer / Senior Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead will drive the growth of the brand and the business by winning the hearts and minds of new puppy owners and turning them into engaged, loyal subscribers across both paid and organic channels.
As the first marketing hire on the team, the Growth Marketer / Senior Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead will be a member of the founding team and will play a key role in building the company from the ground up. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in mobile app marketing and will have experience using MMPs (e.g. Adjust or AppsFlyer).
What you’ll be doing as our Growth Marketer / Senior Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead
We have ambitious goals to hit in our first year of operation - and we’re looking for someone who’s ready to get stuck in and help us achieve our growth & product-market fit objectives. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing a deep understanding of new puppy owners, their needs, pains & motivations – segmenting them into key personas
- Developing & executing user journeys across all our touchpoints (in and out of app) across the funnel to deliver optimised conversion, leveraging tools such as email, push notifications, in-app messaging & community
- Owning the pirate funnel (AAARRR) from awareness to referral, determining areas of improvement opportunity, prioritising & executing marketing activities
- Continually testing and innovating to optimise campaigns & channels for the best ROI
- End to end ownership and analysis of performance goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Analysing user behaviour, conversion data and customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
- Driving Zigzag’s organic and paid presence including building relationships with new audiences, creating community to significantly grow the number of Zigzag users.
- Working closely with our programme & content team, closely aligning influencer strategy, referrals, endorsements & recommendations
What you’ll offer
- A proven track record as a growth marketer in an ideally B2C digital environment
- A passion for dogs, a sensitivity for our brand, mission & audience
- You are a self-motivated team player with a hands-on mentality and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic startup environment
- You have in-depth working knowledge about a wide range of marketing tools and techniques, including mobile app marketing, and MMPs (e.g. Adjust or AppsFlyer)
- You are data-driven and have a passion for improving acquisition, onboarding, growth, and engagement funnel
- Growth mindset, with the desire to test and learn and iterate quickly – leveraging strong funnel analytical skills, including A/B testing, web & app metrics
- Experience of working within a successful subscription mobile app business would be advantageous
- We are building an international presence - international experience & languages are considered a plus
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You can expect a base salary between £50k and £75k (dependent on experience), a competitive benefits package that will include an incentive scheme rewarding you for helping Zigzag achieve its ambitions. As a late-stage start-up, with the backing of global organisation, you’ll be joining the business as we enter a period of significant growth, with that comes fantastic long-term career and personal development opportunities.
How to apply for our Growth Marketer / Senior Marketing Manager / Marketing Lead role
We have chosen to work with our friends at ADLIB who are managing the recruitment process for Zigzag. They’re a B Corp business and well versed in attracting the best candidates that have the right skills and experience, combined with the desire to work for a business driven by purpose that wants make a positive impact on society and the planet. Please note that any candidates that approach Zigzag directly will be forwarded to ADLIB for consideration.
Inclusion and equality
Here at Zigzag, equal opportunity runs through every aspect of the business. We are creating an environment where a diverse mix of talented people want to work, do their best, and share in our journey for the long term. We’re building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, as we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better and more innovative our work will be. We strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and can be their authentic selves.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 12 months FTCLocation:mainly remoteSalary:£25-30k
— Secondary EducationLocation:Bristol with some WFHSalary:£25-30k
— Specialist international brandLocation:mainly remoteSalary:£70-80k