Chief Scientific Officer
— London Bioscience start-up
- Exciting start up.
- Highly innovative protein science.
- An opportunity to shape R&D.
In line with future growth plans, this exciting and ambitious start up is looking for a talented leader to join as a Chief Scientific Officer. Budding Principal Scientists or R&D Managers looking for a step up will also be most welcome to apply, alongside experienced Chief Scientific Officers, with a background related to innovative synthetic biology, protein expression or recombinant protein production. From their London Lab, you will help drive and execute the R&D for the company, offering strong leadership and mentoring of a team of scientists. The company is offering a unique technology making great strides within their sector.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, budgeting, and resource allocation across multiple R&D streams.
- Coordinating the technical team to ensure that milestones are hit in a timely manner.
- Mentoring, training, and upskilling the technical team.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders including contract research organisations and other research groups.
- Representing the company at events and keeping up to date with the latest state of the industry.
- Input towards the wider strategic direction of the company.
What experience you will need to apply:
- Proven experience within Bioscience or Biotech as a leader of R&D Scientists, who enjoys motivating and mentoring staff to optimise their performance.
- Masters or PhD in a Biology related field.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Any experience with any of; recombinant protein production, yeast formulation, synthetic biology and/or high protein expression would be highly desirable.
- Additionally, experience with regulatory approval processes, Bioinformatics, or previous work in a start-up with be beneficial but not essential.
What you will get in return for your experience:
To join a company with very strong IP with excellent innovation, the chance to have a good level of equity in the business, and the ability to influence the direction and strategy of the company.
For more information or to apply, apply directly to this advert to speak with Roy Bennett.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Cryogenic TechnologyLocation:East SussexSalary:Up to £50,000
— Revolutionary Bioscience scale-upLocation:LondonSalary:Competitive with Flexi working
— Fermentation SpecialistLocation:LeedsSalary:£30000 - £35000