Protein Production Scientist
— Rapidly growing Biotech
- Fast growing and extremely innovative scale-up
- Utilising unique methods for drug discovery
- Strong career progression opportunities
This is an opportunity to join an exciting drug discovery innovator utilising machine learning to vastly improve the drug discovery process and produce more effective therapeutics worldwide. In line with growth, they are searching for an experienced Protein Production Scientist.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and generate protein expression constructs for target and candidate proteins.
- Optimise expression of new protein modalities in bacterial and eukaryotic expression systems.
- Design and implement purification strategies to produce high quality proteins.
- Develop and perform characterisation assays (e.g. stability, purity, activity) to QC and rank candidate protein sequences.
- Work closely with our automation and screening teams to develop reliable, reproducible, high-throughput workflows.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
- Strong molecular biology skills, preferably with experience of cutting-edge cloning techniques such as Gibson assembly or Golden Gate.
- Hands-on recombinant protein expression experience in a range of cell types (e.g. bacteria, yeast, mammalian, insect).
- You’re confident with purification using a variety of FPLC systems (e.g. ÄKTA Pure) and developing custom purification methods.
- You’ll have worked on projects that involved troubleshooting or optimising cloning, expression and purification workflows, e.g. to improve yields or purity.
- You’ve worked with a range of protein targets that may include membrane proteins, mAbs, Fabs, or multi-valent biologics.
- You’re able to explain scientific concepts to non-scientists, such as automation engineers.
- Familiarity with upstream / downstream process development and protein production for in vivo work will be advantageous.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
To be part of a brilliant and purpose driven team, for a company dedicated to have a positive impact on human health, with likeminded people. The company also offers flexible working, self-study budgets, one to one coaching, and they are big on diversity!
For more information or to apply, apply directly to this advert to speak with Zoe Davies
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— fast growing healthcare bioscienceLocation:GloucestershireSalary:£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits
— Exciting role in the inflammatory disease spaceLocation:OxfordshireSalary:Up to £75,000
Location:OxfordSalary:£50,000 - £75,000