Senior Software Engineer
- Start-up 100 2020 company
- Greenfield projects
- Forward-thinking, environmentally & socially conscious business
Due to the growth of the business and continued success this socially and environmentally conscious start-up is scaling their engineering team. This a forward-thinking food tech company, changing the way people across the UK eat. They have huge plans for 2020 and beyond and have been recently announced as part of the Start-up 100. This role is perfect for candidates who want to be part of that start-up dynamic, working with a diverse team of people, and are socially and environmentally conscious.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting into the Lead Engineer, this Senior Software Engineer role will offer autonomy and will take a major role in owning all Python based applications and bringing senior experience and expertise to the team. There is an exciting change coming as they extend the API to make the front-end more functional and to re-platform outgrown systems.
- What experience you’ll need to apply
- Strong experience building python applications
- Experience working with start-ups or scale-ups previously
- SQL database experience – MySQL or PostgreSQL
- A people person with the ability to work in an agile, squad environment
- Ability to coach more junior developers
- Be proactive in supporting change within the business and striving to always be better
- Experience building APIs in Flask would be advantageous but not essential
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An amazing opportunity to join an exciting start-up. The salary for the role is between £50,000 to £65,000. Lunches, snacks, breakfasts covered. Dog-friendly offices. Frequent socials. 32 days holiday. A supportive, collaborative environment with an incredible mission.
Please apply with your CV and Sophie will be in contact to discuss!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Thriving Start-Up, learn automationLocation:Bradford-On-AvonSalary:£24K-£28K
— Ambitious start-up changing the NFP sector.Location:BathSalary:£35K - £70K
— Top eCommerce SpecialistLocation:BristolSalary:£32K-£45K