Senior UX/UI Designer (6 month FTC)
— UK Charity
- 6-month fixed term contract.
- Deliver crucial digital services to people in need.
- Enjoy flexibility, a great working culture and rewarding work.
We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join a top UK charity and help them create vital digital services. This is a 6-month fixed term contract.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior UX/UI Designer you will join the charities growing digital department and work as part of a cross functional team of fellow designers, researchers, service design specialists, content creators and developers.
Through a combination of online content, helpline and face to face services this charity delivers vital services to those in need up and down the UK and this role is forms an important part of a brand-new digital transformation strategy for the team.
You’ll need a good understanding of UX best practice and be working from concept to delivery including creating initial sketches, workshopping ideas with internal stakeholders, creating highly polished UI designs and contributing to the brands new design system. You’ll need a good appreciation for brand and how to roll out various branded elements for digital channels and have fantastic stakeholder management skills, able to collaborate with people from all backgrounds. As a senior you’ll be trusted to make key decisions on look, feel and direction for new experiences as well as overhauling older journeys.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- A strong understanding of UX principles and best practice.
- Good craft skills in UI design with the portfolio to showcase this.
- Experienced in the Adobe Creative Suite as well as design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, Figma or similar.
- Confident workshopping ideas with internal stakeholders and communicating design rationale.
- Experience of creating and working on design systems.
- A good understanding of brand and brand implementation for digital.
- An understanding of HTML & CSS would be an advantage.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
Working with a charity means tighter salary’s than other industries but you’ll receive some great benefits including generous holiday, a pension of over 10% and flexible working as standard. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to use their design skills for good and make a positive change to thousands of people in the UK.
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to be considered. a