— EdTech Leader
- Work on an EdTech product supporting millions of parents across the country.
- Supported learning and regular knowledge sharing & professional development sessions.
- Hybrid model with a mature approach to flexible working.
An EdTech company with an industry-leading product is looking for a Software Development Lead with hands-on skills to join them in Coventry as they scale throughout 2022. Over the last 20 years the company have been on a mission to champion progress and innovation in schools, bridging the communication gap between schools, students and parents. They’ve shaken up the industry and are proud to be a partner to thousands of schools across the UK, helping to streamline their operations and improve engagement with parents.
What experience you’ll need
- Proven background in C#.Net (they use. Net4.5+ and .Net Core) at lead/management level.
- Ability to grow, manage, mentor and coach a team of developers. Team size likely to be 6-10.
- Strategic mindset with a willingness to get hands-on if needed.
- Keen communicator, constantly looking at new trends and tools whilst keeping current development processes up to date.
- Architectural expertise, including secure development and application performance tracking.
- Skilled in WebAPI / WebServices / WebForms.
- Comfortable navigating SQL Server and SQL databases.
- Background working in the cloud, preferably Azure but flexible on platform.
- Advocate for TDD, BDD and continuous integration.
- Happy working Agile and executing Agile ways of working across the team.
What you’ll be doing
Leading a Scrum team of 6-8 Developers/Testers alongside other BA’s and Designers, you’ll take accountability for end-to-end project work with a nice spread of legacy product development and brand-new systems, often getting hands-on yourself where needed. The teams are full-stack but heavily server-side focused with 80% of their time spent on back-end code but also covering front-end UIs and API development. A lot of the newer project focus on event-based messaging systems and they’re keen to build a TDD approach across the team so any knowledge/experience here would be very useful. You’ll operate at strategic levels, liaising with key stakeholders and the senior management team to ensure that development tooling and frameworks are kept up to date, as well as building / implementing new processes to increase productivity and efficiency across the wider function.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll receive 25 days holiday plus bank hols, a company matched pension scheme, life assurance, option to join their private health scheme, flexible hours and more. The company offer hybrid working and are open to a conversation around what this looks like, but ideally you’ll spend around 1/2 days a week in the office. The company take a proactive and ongoing approach to learning, with regular knowledge sharing sessions and access to online training like PluralSight. It’s a friendly, collaborative culture and you’ll be at the forefront of innovation within the EdTech space.
Interested? Drop your CV to Joe to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Creative AgencyLocation:London / Remote, UKSalary:£40k Bonus & Benefits
— Greenfield development with leading- edge tech!Location:Bristol and remote, UKSalary:Up to £55,000
— Remote FinTech BusinessLocation:Remote, UKSalary:£60K - £70K