Senior Big Data Engineer
— FinTech Firm
- Work on a variety of Big Data and Cloud technologies.
- Work in a team of Big Data engineers alongside other data engineering teams
- Design BI solutions, develop architecture and enable ML.
This client is integrating a new service via the cloud as they move towards a single customer view. They are a data-driven firm, it guides their strategic decision-making and service/product development. As a result, they require a Senior Big Data Engineer to join the team of data engineers to enable this build.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will be influential in building a modern, scalable, cloud-based Big Data infrastructure.
You will support the design, roll-out and execution of the data strategy across multiple products and collaborate with other data teams to ensure that the data is integrated and accessible.
This role requires a range of data engineering activities including; prototype development, pipelining, architecture, process automation, data strategy and more.
What experience you'll need to apply
- Python/Scala/Java or similar
- Solid ETL experience
- Cloud Data platform experience (AWS, GCP, Azure or Similar)
- Experience of working on Big Data solutions
- Experience of using either Spark, Hadoop, Flink, HDFS, Kinesis
- Messaging broker platform experience such as Kafka//MQ’s/Airflow desirable
- Desire and ability to learn emerging technologies
What you'll get in return for your experience
A competitive salary based on experience plus bonus and benefits.
Please get in touch with Scott with an up-to-date CV today. Don't hesitate to call/email to discuss the job in further detail.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Business Intelligence / Data Architecture / Data Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Consultancy - 6 Months InitialLocation:Birmingham/BristolType:Salary:Up to £450 p/day
— Luxury Retail BrandLocation:LondonSalary:Competitive
— Financial Services InstitutionLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £70k