You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— - Fast growing technology company South Wales.
- Work at an exciting Tech company while they continue on an exciting journey of growth.
- Work with the Head of Bids to own, write and secure new business.
- Work with a dynamic team and have flexible working patterns.
We are working with a fast-growing technology company based in South Wales, to appoint a Bid Writer/Manager. This is an amazing role for someone that has excellent bid writing skills with a track record in securing and winning funding. You’ll need a technical/engineering/R&D background and have a collaborative approach to working.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working for an organisation undergoing rapid growth, so as a Bid Writer, you will be an integral part of the Bid Team. You’ll be writing and managing complex bids, in an evolving environment. The main aim of your bids will be to secure new business or to win funding. You’ll work hard to make a difference and demonstrate initiative and have the opportunity to bring technical and industry experts together to write documentation, proposals and bids for funders. You’ll work collaboratively with a range of departments and be part of a vibrant culture.
What experience you will need to apply
- You’ll be an excellent bid writer with an exemplary track record of succeeding in winning funding from competitive funds
- An experienced technical bid writer with a technical/engineering/R&D background
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with key stakeholders
- The ability to work with processes and procedures to ensure that business and compliance needs are met
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective communication with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstration of the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An understanding of the requirements of multiple funding and income sources, particularly Innovate UK
- APMP/ Prince2 certified (preferred)
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll be part of an amazing culture and hardworking team that work collaboratively and effectively. You’ll be offered a salary in line with your experience ranging from £45k-£50k. Staff bonus scheme, development and training in the role, payment for a professional membership each year and flexible working – they operate core hours of 10 am-4 pm. The balance of your hours can be worked around what works for you. Generous pension scheme e.g. you out in 5% and they will put in 10%. A holiday allowance of 28 days + 8 bank holidays and a holiday carry over scheme. Life assurance and a happy, healthy working environment with a great group of people to work with.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a short cover note. We are looking to move to interviews quickly, so please apply without delay and I will come back to you.