— Water solutions consultancy.
This global engineering consultancy specializes in modelling water behaviour, forecasting floods, climate adaptations and provides highly innovative waves generating technologies. They are interested to add to their Team an experienced technician who would work on the fabrication of marine equipment. You would be working within a small-scale production laboratory environment, building electromechanical systems and instrumentation. The role involves assisting with fault finding, repair and servicing.
- Development of electromechanical instrumentation.
- International and highly innovative water forecasting equipment.
- Sustainable and environmentally conscious company.
What you’ll be doing
- Working on high-quality instruments for marine research facilities.
- Fabricating the equipment within a small-scale production laboratory environment.
- Building electromechanical systems and instrumentation.
- Assisting with fault finding, repair and servicing of products.
- Preparing manufacturing documentation, processes, and protocols.
- Occasional work in the field, most commonly via remote sessions, but some international travel may be required.
- Assisting and providing services to both clients and suppliers.
What experience you’ll need
- A degree or equivalent within mechanical design, electrical or electronic manufacturing/engineering, or similar scientific subject.
- Previous work experience and knowledge of limits, fits and tolerances.
- Knowledge of optical encoder set-up and assembly would be desirable.
- Understanding of telemetry systems and load cell transducer would be beneficial.
- Hands-on approach.
What you’ll get in return
You will be a part of a global sustainability company, with open-minded culture and great approach to diversity and inclusion. Working on one-of-a-kind water technologies, you will be an important part of the Team, developing high calibre products. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop news skills and grow within the company. Aside from the basic salary, you will get a generous life insurance of 3x salary, pension scheme of 10% contribution from the employer, employee assistance programme and more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Sustainable space organisationLocation:Oxfordshire, UKSalary:Up to £90,000
— Hyrbid workingLocation:Raunds, UKSalary:£50,000
— UK’s leading animation studiosLocation:London, UKSalary:Up to £65,000