— Rapidly growing biotech
- Great role for a bio-separation/biofiltration expert.
- Play a vital role in development of new sustainable materials.
- Centrally based Leeds office.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Bioprocessing Engineer in a rapidly growing Biotech company that using food waste to develop bioplastics and innovative materials. The role will be based in Leeds.
What you’ll be doing
As a Bioprocessing Engineer you will be assisting in the process development and optimisation for the bioplastic production process that will include developing a bio-separation/biofiltration process. You will be involved in process optimisation, improving production efficiency, and communicating the progress in technical reports. You will play a vital role in the development of new sustainable materials.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
- A background in chemical engineering/biochemical engineering/biology/ pharmacy is essential
- Previous experience in separation methodologies in the food/pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Previous simulation and system modelling experience in MATLAB, SuperPro, Aspen desirable
- Previous experience of plant design & scale-up of biochemical processes
- Previous experience in carrying out tests in the lab
- Previous experience with process optimisation
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
You will be a key player in the success of the company that is looking to rapidly expand over the next couple of years.
For more information or to apply, apply directly to this advert to speak with Zoe Davies
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Disruptive Biotech innovatorLocation:HertfordshireSalary:£70,000 - £100,000
— Senior role within a highly skilled engineering teamLocation:WorcestershireSalary:Competitive
— Rapidly expanding biotechLocation:North YorkshireSalary:£50000 - £70000