Ground Segment Engineer
— Exciting Space company making a difference
- Opportunity to join a progressive company with an exciting mission in the Space industry
- The position offers the potential to make a big impact in the company
- Fast-growing team with lots of career progression opportunities
The Ground Segment Engineer will be joining a rapidly growing company whose mission is disruptive in the Space industry. Their work focuses on making the industry more sustainable and provides the opportunity to get involved in technology that is exciting and forward looking. The role has become available as they move towards the launch of their pioneering mission.
What you’ll be doing
The Ground Segment Engineer will work as part of a team of 6 people focusing on the Ground Segment. The role holds a lot of autonomy and responsibility, with each team member being given ownership of one aspect of the project.
The role will focus on designing and development the Mission Control systems for the company missions. They will work as the company’s Technical point of focus for the supplier’s development teams.
Responsibilities will include capturing requirements, verification, integration and testing as well as supporting the operations team once the mission is in orbit.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Proven software engineering or software development experience
- Profesional experience in designing and developing satellite ground segment technology
- Worked with Mission Control Systems
- External stakeholder engagement including working with suppliers
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A competitive salary – dependent on experience
Progression opportunities as the company grows
Home working – 1 day a week
Send your CV to Alys for immediate consideration. If your experience is a good fit then we will be in touch to arrange a phone interview.