Head of Marketing Communications and PR
— Oxford University Innovation
- Would you like to help support the creation of global impact from world-leading University research?
- Are you interested in joining a team of outstanding people working to bring great Oxford ideas to life?
- Do you have experience in being a senior leader in Marketing Communications and PR and proactively contributing to broader activities that support the business?
With one foot in academia and the other in industry, Oxford University Innovation’s professionals undertake a wide variety of tasks, from licensing university ideas, and finding investment for spinout companies, to setting up social enterprises and supporting student entrepreneurship. University innovation is the magic behind the scenes that turns ideas born in a university into companies and technologies that look to have a positive and transformative economic and societal impact on the wider world.
The role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Head of Marketing Communications and PR who will be responsible for the short-, medium- and long-term planning, development, and implementation of strategies for OUI’s marketing communications. The role will involve providing day-to-day leadership to a team and be pivotal in supporting broader engagement activities, both internally and externally.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Marketing Communications and Public Relations
- Leading and inspiring the team to ensure they are highly motivated, skilled, and developing professionally
- Ownership of internal communications
- Developing strong relationships of influence with senior and high-profile stakeholders both internally within OUI and the University and externally
- Network and Engagement Management
The Candidate: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will have significant experience in marketing communications and PR and in working in a senior leadership position contributing to wider business strategy and activity. Particularly desirable is the ability to balance strategic focus and operational delivery and the ability to focus on messaging in a complex environment.
OUI is looking for an exceptional candidate who has the ability to act with wisdom, diplomacy, integrity, and sound commercial judgement.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate proven ability in:
- Providing great leadership, being open and energetic, and with the ability to motivate, inspire and develop teams to achieve world-class performance
- Working in partnership with colleagues with tact and tenacity
- Working effectively with key senior stakeholders both internally and externally, influencing them and, where appropriate, showing creativity and resilience in strategic business situations
- Having broad-based senior management experience which will enable you to work effectively with specialist functions and experts from outside your professional discipline
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from the OUI website and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Charlotte Farnworth Charlotte@adlib-recruitment.co.uk Information about the benefits and working life at OUI can be found here https://innovation.ox.ac.uk/about/careers/
The closing date is midday on 12th August 2022
The salary for this role is commensurate with experience and is likely to be in the range of £75,000 - £90,000.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive culture that promotes equality, values diversity, and maintains a supportive working, learning and social environment, in which the rights and dignity of all its staff are respected, and where everyone is able to be themselves and is empowered to reach their full potential. This commitment is linked to and reinforces the OUI values of integrity, collaboration, and empowerment. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. OUI is accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.
Our approach to hybrid and flexible working:
We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best talent. We also appreciate that the UK workforce is becoming increasingly diverse and includes a high percentage of parents and individuals with caring responsibilities, as well as those whose interests and aspirations impact their time.
We recognise the importance of helping our employees balance their work and home lives by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their work commitments with other priorities. This includes hybrid working and flexible working.
OUI is accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Leading Specialist AgencyLocation:Bath/Hybrid, UKSalary:Up to £60 DOE
— an exciting fin tech scale upLocation:Bristol/ hybrid, UKSalary:£40-50k
— Next step in your careerLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£35,000 - £42,000 £4k bonus