Senior Design Thinker
— Innovation and Service Design Team
- Be part of a team with user centred design at its core.
- Work on exciting, complex and challenging R&D briefs to tackle real world problems.
- Enjoy remote working and flexibility beyond COVID.
We’re looking for a Senior Design Thinker to work on complex and fascinating service design projects. This role will involve user experience design, service design and design strategy.
What you’ll be doing
The Design Thinker will join a central team of user centred design specialists tackling real world problems in healthcare, agriculture, sustainability, disaster relief and more.
As part of the user centred design team you will work closely with organisations of all kinds; start-ups, SME’s, government organisations and established multinationals. This position requires a multifaceted designer with skills in research and discovery, interaction design, user centred testing and prototyping. Though we’re looking for someone with design skills (see requirements below) we’re not fussy on the route you took to get there; whether it’s service design, psychology, research, industrial, product design or something else entirely. We won’t be focussed on specific education or sector experience per se, it’ll be more about your approach to problem solving, collaboration and storytelling.
In this role you can expect to work collaboratively with business owners, technologists and developers, non-technical stakeholders and niche industry specialists. You will champion design thinking with clients and spend time workshopping with people from all manner of backgrounds. You will capture user requirements and translate these into design specifications, supporting the development of new services that make use of the latest technology. As a senior you’ll be confident leading on projects and engaging stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
What experience you’ll need
- Experience in a design related field be it service design, user experience, industrial design, human factors or other related subjects.
- Experience in creating and conducting both evaluative and generative research.
- Visual design skills and the ability to produce prototypes; the client is not fussy on the tools you use but you’ll need to be able to communicate visually and prototype possible solutions.
- An expert in design thinking and user centred design practice. You’ll know when to work lean but your knowledge will give you the ability to follow a robust human centred design process.
- Have an interest in sustainability and a desire to solve real world problems.
What you’ll get in return
You will join a team that are helping tackle real world issues sustainably and ethically. You’ll work for an employer that has crafted a culture built on trust and one that understands the need for flexibility (beyond COVID). This role can largely be done on a remote basis but some travel to the UK office may be needed from time to time.
Please apply with an up to date CV and supporting work that showcases your design process and thinking.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Top Integrated AgencyLocation:BristolSalary:Circa £40k
— Greenfield project, Entrepreneurial tech scale-up.Location:LondonSalary:Up to £65,000
— 7-Weeks Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolType:Salary:Up to £450 p/day