Principal Scientist - Biochemistry (Mode of Action)
— innovative plant science scale-up
- A world leader in Plant Science innovation.
- Ownership of Mode of Action biochemical assays.
- Significant impact towards R&D.
An opportunity to join an Oxford Plant Bioscience company going through very strong growth and leading science within their niche globally. They are looking for a Principal Scientist with experience of Mode of Action to aid the discovery of novel compounds and design a range of enzyme and cell-based assays, with the assistance of a team to support your findings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify the herbicidal mode of action of novel lead compounds by applying techniques such as PSII, PPO, PDS or similar.
- Design and implement enzyme and cell-based assays.
- Help accelerate lead generation, optimisation and advancement of projects with novel R&D processes.
- Passionate about setting up a biochemistry platform from the ground up, leading a team on assay development, validation and screening.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
- Degree, MSc and/or PhD qualified in a Biochemistry, Plant Science or Biological science related domains.
- Good experience of modes of action ideally one or more of PSII, PPO, PDS (others also considered), either from extensive research or commercially.
- Strong design of assays (enzyme and cell based), and biophysical techniques such as SPR for interaction of small molecule inhibitors with proteins.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
To work in a truly innovative and inclusive environment, which encourages diversity of thought and creativity. A great benefits package (including bonus and share options) and to have a direct impact towards the direction and strategy of R&D.
Apply for a swift response.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Drug Discovery BiotechLocation:Cambridgeshire, UKSalary:Competitive
— Join one the UK's leading Technology Transfer organisationsLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:£30,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
— Plant Science scale-upLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:Competitive with 10% bonus and share options