Scientist - Weed Validation
— Innovative Plant Science
- Fast growing and innovative Bioscience
- Global leader within their field of Plant Science
- Inclusive and creative environment
An opportunity to join an Oxford Bioscience company going through very strong growth and leading science within their niche globally. They are looking for a Plant Scientist to work on innovative weed assay development and validation.
What you’ll be doing:
Developing weed validation assays, analysing large datasets, and conducting experiments from their Oxford Laboratory. This includes new weed validation experiments, photo capture, plant growth and maintenance, and analysis of weed datasets and outcomes.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
- Educated to (2.1 or 1st class) BSc, MSc, or PhD level within a Plant Science related field (weed experience not necessary).
- Good Laboratory experience, hands on working with Plant related Biology.
- Any experience of Assay development would be beneficial.
- Passion for growth and care of plants and plant material.
- Any data science related experience working with R/Python would be beneficial.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
To work in a truly innovative and inclusive environment, which encourages diversity of thought and creativity. A great benefits package (including bonus and share options) and career progression.
Apply for a swift response.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Innovative Oxford scale-upLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:Very competitive with bonus and shares
— innovative plant science scale-upLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:Competitive with bonus and share options
— Fast-growing BiotechLocation:Norwich, UKSalary:Up to £50,000