Consultant Software Engineer
— Diverse projects, incredibly talented team
- Internationally renowned digital tech specialist.
- Be the tech lead on greenfield products with prestigious clients.
- Client-facing, consultative, majority remote.
A multi-award-winning digital service design consultancy with an incredible client list and reputation are looking for a Consultant Software Engineer to join their Bristol team. Founded over 15 years ago and with offices in London & Bristol, you’ll own the evaluation and selection of tech required to design, build and deliver outstanding and innovative solutions. A typical day-to-day can include user-centred design, cover surveys, workshops, usability testing, stakeholder interviews, information architecture, research & insight, product strategy, digital strategy, technical consultancy and service design. This role is remote first, though you’ll need to be prepared to go and visit clients if need. In reality this probably won’t be too regularly.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Proven background in back-end development, ideally using NodeJS/Express or similar.
- Understanding of cloud services like AWS/GCP/Heroku, with technical architecture design.
- Client-facing experience, able to consult clients on technical/project direction and architecture.
- Comfortable being more architectural and consultative in your day-to-day, without necessarily producing code.
- Ability to design, build, test & use APIs.
- Front-End capability or creative flair would be beneficial.
- An insatiable hunger to learn new tech and share with the rest of the technical team and wider business.
- A creative technologist viewpoint, able to work closely with customers using technology to enable change in an agile environment.
What you’ll be doing
They are looking for someone who is comfortable consulting clients on back-end technical decisions and architectural direction, offering expertise with NodeJS/Express to produce high-quality prototypes and technical PoCs, as well as full-stack production web apps. Working within an ideas-driven, creative environment you’ll often play the role as conduit between the tech team and the UX/creatives on what is feasible, often prototyping and testing as you go. You will own the technical quality of projects and help uphold coding standards and best practices alongside the Tech Director. You’ll be able to support others in the team, delegating tasks, championing code reviews and suggesting relevant training. They embrace a range of approaches but tend to work highly Agile, plus adopting DevOps ways of working so you’ll need to have an open mind and a breadth of project delivery experience to draw upon. The role itself is somewhat hands-on with some technical delivery, though most of your day-to-day will be on consultancy, architectural direction and client engagement.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This is a fantastic chance to work for a true UK market-leader in a highly motivated and high-achieving team. There’s a competitive salary on offer with a great package including bonus, 25 days hol, cash-back healthcare scheme, a contributory pension plan, a MacBook and other kit as needed, mobile phone and package, training budget, cycle to work scheme, generous leave for family related emergencies and more. They take training and progression of skills very seriously so you can expect to be on their fantastic training programme and get access to courses and events that benefit your role and the business. Beyond the great benefits, the best thing about this business is their people. Company cultures and the freedom to experiment with a wide tech stack like this one aren’t that common; you’ll definitely enjoy this role!
Sound good? Drop your CV over to Joe to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Well-reputed Design & eCommerce AgencyLocation:Bath / 100% RemoteSalary:£25K - £30K
— Diverse greenfield projects which you'll leadLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £55K
— Progressive Digital SpecialistLocation:Fully Remote (UK) or CheltenhamSalary:£50K-£60K