Senior Service Designer
— Meaningful Projects
- Join a fast growing consultancy that is renowned for delivering outstanding work on meaningful projects
- Be part of a team with a genuine commitment to being a brilliant place to work.
- Work 100% remote long term.
We’re looking for a Senior Service Designer to join a brilliant service design consultancy in Bristol.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining a team of user researchers, UX and service design specialists working in public sector and health to improve the way people experience services. The goal: better experiences for better lives.
Through research-led discoveries you will uncover problems worth solving and use the evidence as a foundation for service design work.
Highlights of the company’s work include:
- Working with the NHS to improve mental health services
- Helping the NHS adapt the 111 service around user needs
- Designing a collaboration platform for DCMS
- Running extensive user research to help DVSA pass GDS assessment
- Running user research in job centres across the UK for Policy Lab
- Partnering with Scope to co-create support services for disabled people
As a Senior Service Designer you’ll be leading on research projects, facilitating workshops with clients and bringing solutions to life through sketching and prototyping.
Working as part of a cross functional team on discoveries and alphas you’ll collaborate with researchers, project managers, developers, product people, clients and agency partners alike.
You’ll be working closely with clients becoming a trusted partner, helping them to understand their users and evolve their services over time.
What experience you’ll need
- You are looking for a meaningful challenge
- You want to work somewhere where you can do your best work
- You are driven by your values and want to focus your effort on projects that reflect those values.
- You love working in the first diamond
- You have an open collaborative mindset, you know you don’t have all the answers
- You love working in a fast-paced agency environment
- You have a background / education in design or research be it service design, UX, product design, industrial design, human factors, psychology or other related subjects
- You are familiar with working alongside agile delivery teams (partners)
- You have strong visual communication skills
- You are confident choosing the right fidelity at the right phase. This isn’t a UX design role but whiteboards, sketches, storyboards, diagrams and low fidelity clickable prototypes are part of your toolkit
- You are confident running design research - both discovery and evaluative
- You are able to work remotely for now and in the future comfortable with two days a week in the Bristol studio
- You have proven commercial experience in service design and are comfortable leading on design and research projects that tackle complex problems.
- You have great people skills and stakeholder management experience
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The team has a great culture so you can expect to work with a friendly and very knowledgeable bunch. There is a bonus scheme, health care scheme, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), plus your birthday off, a personal training budget, flexible working options, a pension and being part of a business that you can help shape.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and any supporting case studies of work.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Top Integrated AgencyLocation:BristolSalary:Circa £40k
— Greenfield project, Entrepreneurial tech scale-up.Location:LondonSalary:Up to £65,000
— 7-Weeks Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolType:Salary:Up to £450 p/day