— Node, React, Tech For Good, UK Remote
- Multi award-winning FinTech For Good specialist.
- Full-Stack development, React, Node, AWS.
- Full remote (must be UK based).
A multi award-winning disruptive FinTech is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer as a result of multi-million-pound investment to grow their remote team of 40 developers. The product was first launched in the early 2010’s and hasn’t stopped growing since; they’re now regarded as a leader in the FinTech for Good space with international awards with over £20m investment to grow this year.
Their development team have recently worked on project to help charities access crucial Gift Aid without paying high fees amongst other worthwhile initiatives. They also have worked on a project to help provide products and education for refugees around the world
*Happy for you to work fully remote (must be UK based) or you can work when you like from their Bristol office.
What experience you’ll need
- A good knowledge/coverage of some of the following would be great: HTML5, CSS3, PostgreSQL/MongoDB, Next.js, connecting API’s, Microservices, OAuth.
- Enjoy researching and learning new programming tools/techniques and telling others about them.
- Have experience of using testing to validate solutions.
- Understand agile environments and version control.
- Have some understanding of web security and accessibility.
- Understand software design principles including functional programming (they use Ramda extensively).
- Are aware of technologies used for web applications, e.g., Databases, backups, cdns and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g., Linux and/or Mac OS.
- Are familiar with working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and devops (and want to learn more).
What you’ll be doing
Joining a highly motivated development team you will be responsible for the design and build of services using web technologies to serve user and client needs. Your work on the platform will help consumers get on top of their finances and make better informed financial decisions and enable Enterprise partners to bring new innovative financial services to market. Using agile methods and enjoy working openly you will be working collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects, producing high quality code in a busy but supportive environment. They'll need you to be able to work across front and back-end but happy for you to lean towards either and will encourage you to pick up a wide range of tech. You’ll be able to help improve processes and tools through communication, automation and optimisation. Further duties will likely include building automated tests as part of their continuous integration and deployment environment. They'll look for you to bring a broad knowledge of web technologies to provide security, performance and scalability.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You will receive a competitive salary (£50-65K), generous pension (10% contribution), full remote working now and forever, life insurance, private medical, your own personal development budget, 6 week new parent pay, 25 days holiday a year (30 after 2 years), life event leave and your own choice of OS which can be either Mac or Linux. This company pride themselves flexibility, trusting and respecting their employees to deliver the way that suits them best. Above all you’ll have the job satisfaction of knowing that your work is going towards helping individuals and charities to manage, budget and retrieve their money more easily.
Like the sounds of this one? Get in touch with Mike to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Ethical, award-winning company with big investment in techLocation:Wiltshire/Fully remote, UKSalary:Up to £65,000