Magento Backend Developer
— Leading UK Digital Agency
- Join a leading eCommerce agency as Magento Backend Developer.
- Impressive portfolio of clients to work with 100% remotely if desired.
- Salaries up to £45k, with a clear and defined progression plan.
This is a great opportunity for talented and experienced Backend Developer to join a well-respected eCommerce agency, where you'll help deliver large scale projects with a variety of market leading and international clients. This role would suit an established Mid-weight Developer, or a Junior ready to make that next step.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the inhouse development team you will be utilising your previous experience and understanding of Magento to deliver exciting and varied projects for big brands. You will be comfortable working with the Magento 2 platform, whilst also bringing something a little different to the table. With this agency, you are encouraged to be innovative and creative – bursting with ideas on how to solve technical and business-related challenges, whilst also enjoying ownership of your work and taking the initiative. Internal stakeholders are here to help facilitate your needs rather than dictate your schedule, so communication skills and a desire to be involved are a huge plus, as well as a real passion for coding and web technologies.
As a remote first business, you have the freedom to work 100% remotely, or if you prefer being in the office more, we have locations all over the UK which you are more than welcome to make home. Additionally, our client provides 25 days annual leave 2 personal/development days, quarterly meetups and celebrations, flexible working between 10am and 4pm, and designated budgets for home equipment and training and development to gain extra certifications you may strive for.
What experience you’ll need
- Commercial experience coding in PHP with SOLID MVC and OO patterns
- Experienced with using Magento 2
- Knowledge of software engineering and software design patterns
- Experience of working with and optimising MySQL and/or Percona DB databases, creating efficient and complex SQL
- Solid knowledge of PSR standards
- Comfortable in an Agile development environment
- Familiar with GIT and Github
- Experience using PHP to consume web services (REST, SOAP, XML RPC) and building custom integrations with 3rd party services
- Understanding of PHPUnit, XDebug, GIT, GitHub, Redis
- Maintained staging LEMP environments and are familiar with continuous testing & delivery approaches
- Experience of the full development life cycle from planning to coding to delivery
- Good communication skills
- Excellent experience building enterprise level websites
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Very competitive salaries with tangible training and development plan. You will be joining a successful agency where you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and enjoy more input and ownership than a typical Developer role.
My client will invest in you and your personal development and it's an exciting time to join as they have ambitious growth plans over the next couple of years based on the new business they've secured.
If this looks of interest, please send your CV through to Josh Aptroot ASAP.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Ethical, award-winning company with big investment in techLocation:Wiltshire/Fully remote, UKSalary:Up to £65,000