— FinTech (for Good)
- Multi award-winning FinTech For Good specialist.
- Back-end development in Node.js, connecting API’s.
- Full remote (must be UK based).
A multi award-winning disruptive FinTech in central Bristol is looking for a back-end (Node.js) Software Engineer to join their growing development team of 15. The product was first launched in the early 2010’s and hasn’t stopped growing since; they’re now regarded as a leader in the FinTech for Good space with international awards.
What experience you’ll need
- Experience of connecting 3rd party APIs and ideally a familiarity with OAuth security.
- You will be able to pick up/further your experience with Typescript, AWS, Kubernetes, Elastic stack and more.
- Extensive SQL knowledge with exposure to different databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Take a systematic approach to solve problems.
- Have experience of using testing to validate solutions.
- Understand agile environments and version control.
- Are aware of technologies used for web applications, e.g. databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS.
- Appreciation of the DevOps culture of working (TDD, CI/CD, automation etc.).
What you’ll be doing
Joining a highly motivated development team you will be responsible for connecting to external API’s using OAuth, adding and maintaining data connections securely using Node/Typescript. You’ll be able to help improve processes and tools through communication, automation and optimisation. Further duties will likely include building automated tests as part of their continuous integration and deployment environment. You will be able to apply broad knowledge of web technologies to provide security, performance and scalability. You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects, doing things the right way and producing high quality code. Your work on our platform will help people get on top of their finances and make better informed financial decisions.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You will receive a competitive salary (£45-60K), generous pension (10% contribution), full remote working now and forever, life insurance, private medical, your own personal development budget, 25 days holiday a year and your own choice of OS which can be either Mac or Linux. This company pride themselves flexibility, trusting and respecting their employees to deliver the way that suits them best. Above all you’ll have the job satisfaction of knowing that your work is going towards helping individuals and charities to manage, budget and retrieve their money more easily.
Like the sounds of this one? Get in touch with Mike to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— FinTech (for Good), React, NodeLocation:Remote or BristolSalary:£45K-£60K
— PHP, Laravel, Vue, TypeScript, AWSLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£35K - £50K
— Vue, TypeScriptLocation:Bristol / Midlands / Scotland / RemoteSalary:£30K - £40K (Potential Flex)