Research Data Scientist
— Work for an exciting Agri-tech start-up, specialising in crop modelling
- Crop modelling Agri-tech start-up
- Data source agnostics and precision agriculture
- Fully remote working
A new role working with a new client, specialising in crop modelling using a variety of remote sensing sources. Looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the team and assist with the development of their data-driven product.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be working as the lead Data Scientist looking at supporting the creation and implementation of their data-driven engine combining remote sensing data from a range of data capture points including; satellites, weather information, drone footage, historical data and more. The role is fully remote and so would involve work with clients across the UK and abroad.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- MSc/PhD in a relevant subject, such as computer science, mathematics, data science, biology, ecology, agronomy, geostatistics, environmental science etc.
- Coding skills with Python ideally in a cloud environment (e.g. GCP, AWS or Azure).
- Experience working as part of a team, being comfortable to work fully remote. It would be desirable for the ideal candidate to be confident in their ability to ultimately grow a team of crop scientists.
- An interest in farming, agriculture or ecology would be a bonus!
What you’ll get in return for experience:
Salary is dependent on experience. All post-PhD skillsets considered. There is the opportunity for equity, and discretionary benefits are given.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Industry Leading Tech FirmLocation:Bristol/remote, UKSalary:Up to £60k
— Industry Leading Tech FirmLocation:Bristol/remote, UKSalary:Up to £90k
— World-leading haptic and tracking tech company!Location:Bristol/ Remote, UKSalary:£70k - £90k