— Work for an exciting Agri-tech start-up, specialising in crop modelling.
Work for an exciting Agri-tech start-up, specialising in crop modelling.
- Crop modelling Agri-tech start-up
- Data source agnostics and precision agriculture
- Fully remote working
A new role working with a new client, specialising in crop modelling using a variety of remote sensing sources. Looking for an experienced Crop Scientist with specific knowledge of UK agronomy, cereal crops and agriculture inputs (chemical or otherwise).
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be working as the lead Crop Scientist, providing advice to farmers and agronomists on different aspects of cereal crop care. This includes the identification of pests, disease, invasive species, nutrient deficiency, and more. Via remote sensing, fields are mapped, and potential yield is determined. You would be working to provide actionable intelligence to farmers to ultimately ensure that yield is maximised whilst reducing chemical input requirements. The role is fully remote and so would involve work with clients across the UK.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- PhD in a relevant subject, such as crop disease, crop science, arable farming, or specific crop species/ailments/inputs. Cereal grains, grasses or common UK crop weeds/ailments would be preferable.
- It would be desirable for the ideal candidate to have a proven track record of working within crop diagnostics, crop/plant mapping, or working within the crop science sector.
- Experience working as part of a team, being comfortable to work fully remote. It would be desirable for the ideal candidate to be confident in their ability to ultimately grow a team of crop scientists.
- Experience with field walking, understanding of how farms work, or previous agronomy experience would also be preferable.
What you’ll get in return for experience:
Salary is dependent on experience. All post-PhD skillsets considered. There is the opportunity for equity, and discretionary benefits are given.
Please apply now or get in touch with Imogen for more information. The client is looking for a candidate to start latest at the beginning of June. However, the client is prepared to wait for the perfect candidate. The role is fully remote, so all candidates from the UK will be considered.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Work as the Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Expert for a fast-growing and exciting entomology start-up, working to fix the broken food chain .Location:Cambridgeshire, UKSalary:Competitive and dependant on qualifications and experience.
— An opportunity to join a leader in Technology TransferLocation:Oxford, UKSalary:£25,000 - £30,000
— Sustainability & Purpose-Led CommunicationsLocation:London / Hybrid-working, UKSalary:£20k - £28k DOE