Senior Engineering Manager
— Join a growing tech scaleup
- Great opportunity to join a global tech scale up.
- Work on exciting Greenfield projects for their product.
- Fully remote (quarterly visits to the office for socials).
My client are on a mission to create a modern employee intranet that helps companies connect and engage employees across the enterprise. Their platform helps employees better communicate with coworkers, find information, and transfer knowledge. Their products are built to help businesses not only create an immersive and inspiring digital workplace but also to reinforce their unique cultures. They have partnered with leading brands such as Fox, AAA, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, DocuSign, EventBrite, Eurostar, Coursera and Splunk.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to join their team in the UK to help build and shape the future of their product. This is a hands-on leadership role in which you’ll be responsible for product delivery, architecture and design for a large product function. You’ll provide line management for all direct reports, complete annual reviews, and conduct performance management for the engineering team.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a passionate, agile engineering team to deliver SaaS application features and improvements that are high quality, scalable, and secure.
- Drive the long-term technical strategy in various aspects of building scalable applications.
- Provide technical expertise throughout all phases of the development lifecycle to help drive the product roadmap.
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements and facilitate their success.
- Collaborate across Engineering / Product / QA / Design to deliver features that satisfy customers' needs with simplicity, consistency, and robustness.
- Proactively identify ways to continually improve the quality of our products and the efficiency of our team.
- Hire and continuously grow top engineering talent.
- Strong emphasis on automation and data driven engineering culture.
What expereince you will need to apply:
- A number of years combined experience in software development and management.
- Hands-on experience in cloud(AWS) and SaaS.
- Experience managing and leading an engineering team of 25 or more people.
- Experience building and maintaining microservices running on AWS.
- Familiarity and experience with both relational databases and NoSQL solutions.
- Bias for Action and excited to work in fast paced startup environment.
- Passion for institutionalising best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test-driven development.
What you'll get in return for your experience:
My client are offering a competitive salary (up to £120,000pa) for this role combined with a great benefits package that includes stock options, NEST pension, Bonus scheme and much more
Like the sound of this one? Apply with your CV or get in touch with Gareth to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Integration & Acceptance TestingLocation:Bristol / 1 day a month, UKSalary:£45K - £50K