Senior Full-Stack Developer
— Tech-for-Good & B Corp certified
- Join a passionate team using tech to help community groups and charities access funding.
- Help to shape and evolve a successful platform doing good all across the UK.
- Tech stack: React, Next.js, Python (Django), PostgreSQL, AWS.
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join an incredible company who bring businesses and communities together to make change happen from the grassroots up. They are B Corp certified and big believers in the power of business to do good. Their game-changing platform connects non-profits in need of funding, with businesses who want to distribute funding and support their community. Since the platform’s launch at the end of last year they have partnered with the likes of Carling, Legal & General, Greene King and Sir Robert McAlpine, and have already distributed over £450k in funding, but they want to do more, scale up and multiply their impact!
The skills we’re looking for:
- Strong commercial experience with Python (Django) and front-end languages and libraries such as React and Next.js.
- Experience designing and maintaining relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL.
- A drive to make robust systems using approaches such as Jest, Cypress and Storybook.
- Knowledge of/experience with AWS.
- Someone with previous experience coaching/mentoring/leading others.
- Some interest and knowledge of UI/UX and design.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
Bonus points for…
- An interest or passion for supporting charities, community organisations, not-for-profits. If you’ve got some volunteering experience on your CV that will definitely earn you some extra brownie points!
What you’ll be doing:
This is a unique opportunity to help shape and evolve the next stage of the platform - you’ll design client-side and server-side architecture, develop and manage databases and applications, write APIs and build features and applications with a mobile responsive design. To ensure optimal responsiveness and efficiency, you’ll also test, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software and work with the wider team to make improvements. You will also offer advice, support and coaching to one other developer, and potentially others down the line as the team grows.
What you’ll get in return for your talents:
The company has ambitious growth plans and they want to improve and enhance the platform, so this is a fantastic opportunity to join the business at an early stage and make a real difference. There’s a starting salary of up to £70k depending on experience, plus some great perks including flexible hours, share options, and two volunteer days a year. The role can be fully remote, but if you live within a commutable distance of Bristol and are happy to pop into the office from time to time that would be a bonus!
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV or get in touch with Sky if you have any questions.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— 2-3 days on-siteLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£27K - £30K
— Ethical, award-winning company with big investment in techLocation:Wiltshire/Fully remote, UKSalary:Up to £65,000