Senior Mobile Developer
— head up mobile development for tech for good start-up
- Well-funded start-up with a focus on mental well-being.
- 2019 “Rising Star” and 2020 “Best Start-up” winners.
- Remote working and plenty of autonomy - choose your own tech!
I’m helping an award-winning start-up who specialise in intelligent mental well-being products, using cultural analytics to provide an incredibly in-depth overview of human psychology to the community. Their app and platform aggregates masses of data with the use of Tech and AI to create meaningful outputs that will help people better understand their own psychology and how to manage their mental health effectively. With recent investment and ambitious growth planned for this year and beyond, they’re looking for a skilled Mobile Developer to head up their mobile development.
Experience you’ll need
- Proven background in mobile development across Android and iOS.
- Experience working with some/all of the following mobile technologies: Kotlin, RxJava, Swift, Objective-C .
- Previous experience leading or mentoring junior developers would be a bonus.
- A solid understanding of architectures and modules across Android & iOS.
- Strong working knowledge of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience using RESTful as well as third party APIs and libraries.
- Familiarity with offline storage and notification functionality.
- Awareness of unit-testing code, edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Experience working on a project from conception through to delivery would be beneficial.
- Self-starter, comfortable coming into a fast-paced start-up environment.
What you’ll be doing
The PoC for their app has been completed and they are now looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to head-up their mobile development and build their app from scratch across Android and iOS ahead of going to market. With a truly unique concept you will be responsible for bringing their exciting designs to life by crafting beautiful interactions and UI. You will have complete autonomy over the tech and tooling you work with and will be expected to use your expertise to weigh-in on product design processes and ethical debates to plan future changes and iterations for the app, balancing user needs with technical feasibility to ensure seamless implementations. The business are doing really well with exciting plans for growth in the pipeline meaning there’s opportunity for you to grow and lead your team in the near future. This role would suit a creative self-starter who has a passion for making a real difference with the work they produce.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top of a salary paying up to £60K you’d be joining a start-up who are making a real-life difference to the mental well-being of people everywhere, allowing you to take pride in the work you produce. They’re focused on R&D, will upskill you in the areas you’re not quite as confident and are happy for you to work remotely with an occasional trip to their office in Bournemouth (1-2 times a month). They offer 25 days holiday, £1000 annual training allowance, an employee share scheme, full flexible working, free access to their app, enhanced parental leave, team away days and more. They're also about to introduce a 'flexi-Friday' policy where you can focus on deep work, personal development, creative projects or take the day off with no sign off needed!
Want to apply? Send your CV to Ellen to be considered.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + LondonType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Brand-new scrum teamLocation:MalvernSalary:£30K - £45K
— Remote work, consistent bonusLocation:MalvernSalary:£45K - £65K