Senior Software Engineer
— Join a growing tech scaleup
- Great opportunity to join a global tech scale up.
- Work on exciting Greenfield projects for their product.
- Fully remote (quarterly visits to the office for socials).
My client are on a mission to create a modern employee intranet that helps companies connect and engage employees across the enterprise. Their platform helps employees better communicate with coworkers, find information, and transfer knowledge. Their products are built to help businesses not only create an immersive and inspiring digital workplace but also to reinforce their unique cultures. They have partnered with leading brands such as Fox, AAA, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, DocuSign, EventBrite, Eurostar, Coursera and Splunk.
They are looking for an experienced software engineer to join their team in the UK to help build and shape the future of their product. You will be working closely in a cross-functional team with other engineers, product managers and our UI/UX designers. As well as this you will be responsible for owning development projects from start to completion; this includes helping plan features, build services and deploy infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and maintain microservices running on AWS.
- Write automated unit tests and end-to-end tests for your code and services. Quality is incredibly important to us and everybody is responsible for it.
- Participate in agile ceremonies; regularly and sustainably delivering value in two-week sprints.
- Work with our existing AWS platform team to deploy infrastructure using Kubernetes
- Help out occasionally on the front-end and assist our UI engineers with our React SPA.
- Help influence the overall architecture and direction of the application.
What expereince you will need to apply:
- You are user focused – They solve their customer’s problems together; everybody has a say in planning, design & execution.
- You’re familiar with both relational databases and NoSQL solutions and you know when to use each.
- 5 years of overall experience with at least 2 years of experience deploying and maintaining microservices on AWS.
- You love identifying new technologies, patterns, and techniques and planning out how we can apply them to improve productivity, code quality and user experience.
- Affinity for profiling and analysing code to identify areas for improvement.
- You understand modern frontend concepts such as component libraries, modular CSS and bundlers.
- Good understanding of CI/CD, unit testing, and automated end-to-end testing using a framework like Cypress.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of functional programming patterns.
- Excited by working in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you'll get in return for your experience:
My client are offering a competitive salary (up to £90,000pa) for this role combined with a great benefits package that includes stock options.
Like the sound of this one? Apply with your CV or get in touch with Gareth to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Industry Leading Tech FirmLocation:Bristol/remote, UKSalary:Up to £60k
— Digital TransformationLocation:Northampton or Croxley, UKSalary:45000
— UK's largest news publisherLocation:London/Remote, UKSalary:Up to £75,000pa