Head of IT & Business Systems
— Constant variety with multi-functional leadership
- Well-known brand with focus on organic/sustainable living.
- Multi-functional role with huge business transformation plans.
- Hybrid working with amazing office space in the countryside.
An award-winning business with a focus on sustainable and organic living are looking for a Head of IT and Business Systems to join them in the South West. The business have thrived in the last 18 months having seen a huge spike in sales since the pandemic; they’re a £260m turnover business with multiple sites across the UK. Their success means more investment into key initiatives like organic/sustainable farming, recyclable packaging, animal welfare, soil health and much more. The role offers hybrid working with a trip to the office 2-3 days a week (this is open to discussion).
What skills you’ll be needing
- Proven background in leading a multi-functional IT team with several verticals.
- Experience in managing a large-scale ERP/application implementation.
- Significant project management and business analysis capability.
- Competency in senior stakeholder and 3rd party engagement.
- Knowledge of system architecture models and behaviours of key components.
- Awareness of cyber/network security principles.
- Appreciation for the value of BI and data analytics.
- Skilled in process governance and relationship management (internally/externally).
- Mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
What you’ll be doing
This role is multi-functional and takes accountability of 15-20 people across five verticals; Applications, Infrastructure, Cyber Security, BI and Service Desk. Your primary and immediate focus in the short-term will be on an ERP transformation which aims to implement a new system that is better-suited to their domain; you’ll head up the strategic planning and implementation of this process. On top of this you’ll lead an ongoing cloud migration (moving into the cloud, MS based), help with upgrades to their CRM, support improvements in network security alongside Cyber Essentials best practices, modernise current BI processes and investigate AL/ML/Predictive Analytics and their benefits for other arms of the business. There’s a real focus on using technology as a growth enabler and becoming a “tech first” business so this role is integral as it owns the technical & infrastructure strategic planning and operations.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top of a healthy salary (up to £85K), there’s a host of benefits which includes a car allowance (TBC), 25 days holiday (plus bank hols), a non-contributory pension scheme with free retirement/pension advice, a healthcare cash back plan, lots of discounted products & services, Cycle2Work scheme and much more. There’s a huge focus on R&D with constant implementation of new technology and ways of working, plus budgets set aside for upskilling. They’re advocates for flexible working and can offer remote work 2-3 times a week. When you are in the office though, you’ll love it, it’s right by a huge lake, loads of green space, green-themed offices, it’s awesome.
Sound great? Send in your CV to Joe now or call in for a chat.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Become the SME on everything BI relatedLocation:SomersetSalary:45,000 - 55,000
— Growing Sustainability B Corp!Location:Fully remoteSalary:Up to £90,000
— Global Engineering FirmLocation:WiltshireSalary:45,000 - 55,000