Cable Design Engineer
— Onshore and Offshore Energy
• Wind turbine installations
• Multi-GW offshore generation
• Grid & private projects
This is your opportunity to join a world-leading consultancy that is passionate about the world’s transition to a more sustainable environment. The main sectors this consultancy support is Energy Generation, Transport & Infrastructure & Corporate advisory. You will need to be adaptable, and client-focused as you will help develop long-term client relationships.
What you’ll be doing
As the Cable Design Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects from supporting clients with power cable system design, manufacturing, installation, and testing of Onshore & Offshore AC & DC power cables. You will also be managing projects and provide clients with cable design reports and presentations.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Writing cable specifications for energy projects and evaluate the cable design within a tender return.
- Inspection and testing for power cables including a good understanding of standards governing inspection and testing including IEC 62067, 63026, CIGRE, IEEE.
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards 60287, 60853 and finite element analysis methods.
- CYMCAP or other industry-standard software.
- CDM legislation.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You will be given a competitive salary (DOE) and package which includes 25 days holiday, pension, professional membership, life assurance, and private medical cover.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Daniel Salway with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Onshore and Offshore EnergyLocation:Remote , UKSalary:£45,000 - £60,000
— Unique software focused role, to improve legacy product algorithmsLocation:WorcestershireSalary:Competitive
— Varied and interesting project based workSystems Quality Engineering Production Product Development Manufacturing Engineering Project Management Embedded Electronics