You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Own UI Design For Agency Team
- Flexible working hours and work from home.
- Unique progression opportunities and ownership of UI design.
- Plenty of work socials and pub Fridays.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join one of our South West agency partners in Taunton. This role will act in a lead creative capacity and sit amongst a dedicated development team.
What you’ll be doing
The agency is split into 3 distinct offerings and in this role you'll be part of the design and build team. You'll focus on creating websites for a wide variety of clients. You’ll join a team of fellow creatives, developers, account handlers and digital optimisation specialists.
Day to day you’ll work with clients of all kinds so your communication skills will need to be strong; you’ll take (and scrutinise) client briefs, engaging them in the design process throughout and setting expectations for what’s possible. You’ll need to have an understanding of brand and implementation online, working with clients to truly understand their identity and values and ensure these are delivered through your UI solutions.
You’ll work with other creatives across the business but on this team you’ll be the sole UI designer so will have ownership for what’s produced. The role will call for someone that has the confidence to own their design decisions and be able to communicate the why and how to others (both internally and externally).
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Your creativity will span digital design graphic design and most importantly UI design.
- Solid experience across most modern digital design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch (After Effects a bonus)
- An appreciate and understanding of user centred design practices.
- You’re a Self- Starter!
- Proven ability to communicate your vision tangibly to others.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle deadline pressures.
- Being a creative thinker, you can also reiterate and take on constructive criticism.
- Client management skills.
- You’re a time-management guru!
- Creative Cloud / Sketch / Invision / Prototyping experience
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In this role you’ll join a friendly agency team that’s seen great success over the last few years. As for benefits you’ll receive 22 days holiday (+ bank holidays), your birthday off, a pension scheme, flexible working hours and home working, paid overtime and plenty of companywide socials.
Please apply with an up to date portfolio to be considered.