Technical Architect (Java)
— New digital capability
Salary: £60K - £65K
- Brand new digital capability.
- Flexible & remote working hours.
Technical Architect needed to join an innovate Digital Engineering Team. You’ll be working within a newly created digital function which is responsible for delivering high quality, responsive software which will improve their customer’s digital experience. You will be a vital part of the organisation and will have the opportunity to work with the latest tools and ways of working, as well as having the autonomy to work on your own projects. The company firmly believe in work-life balance and are flexible around home-working and working hours.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Strong modern software application architecture skills.
- Hybris E-commerce, MuleESB (not essential).
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Packer, Terraform, Jenkins, AWS.
- In depth knowledge of the modern development methodologies and practices (Scrum / Kanban, BDD / TDD).
- Lean, Continuous Delivery, JIRA and more.
- Experience leading / mentoring more junior members of the team.
- To be a good communicator with a delivery focused mind-set.
What you’ll be doing
You will be designing and developing code for the businesses new digital function, whilst also leading & mentoring more junior technical architects. As the Technical Architect you will be leading the development of technical specifications as well as ensuring the solutions are delivered to the highest standard. You’ll be striving to continuously improve processes and service levels and will be expected to contribute to the overall definition and delivery of the wider IT strategy.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll get to be part of a very well-known and established company who understands the importance of innovation. They are building a digital engineering function to ensure that they are a responsive, digital organisation who continuously develops new technologies and ways of working. You’ll get structured career progression (tailored to suit your needs), time to work on your own projects and you’ll be working with a fantastic team of high performing techies. Last but not least they offer flexible working (remote & hours), a competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank hols, a very good pension, private healthcare & a very healthy staff discount!
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to Joe or give us a call to find out more info.Back to jobs