You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Junior Data Scientist
— Leading UK Retailer
- Highly Successful eCommerce Retailer
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
A leading retailer whose Head Office is in Somerset, are expanding the team and as a result are looking for a Data Scientist. It's an exciting time to join this business, as they're on a journey to becoming much more data centric and customer focused.
What you’ll be doing
Creating actionable solutions to business problems using Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Analytical techniques will be one of the main tasks but you’ll also play a key part of the company’s marketing strategy, working to create return on investment. You’ll be able to get involved in a wide range of activities and give you the opportunity to learn a great deal working with colleagues who are experts in their field.
This is a broad role with the chance to get stuck in with a range to tools and technologies.
What experience you’ll need to apply
• A degree in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI etc.) ideally with some commercial experience.
• Programming skills in either Python, R, C++ or Java.
• Experience building models and analytical tools to help drive decisions as well as experience presenting finding to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Communication skills are key in this one as you’ll be interacting with people across the business as well as stakeholders outside of it.
What you will get in return for your experience
The salary on this one is between £25K and £30K with a range of great benefits including; 28 days holiday, 20% on the company’s products, a generous pension scheme, training and development opportunities and flexible working hours.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we’ll handle the rest.