You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— multi-award winning business
- Brand-new team in increasingly successful multi-award winning business.
- Excellent scope for progression into support and development roles across the business.
- Great training & personal development, courses, conferences, certifications.
A market-leading utilities provider is going through a rapid period of growth and is looking for a Linux Sysadmin to join a brand new team! The business specialise in the provision of bill sharing, broadband & utility services; they’ve moved from strength to strength over the last 10 years and now provide shared living for over 150,000 people, as well as supporting over 300,000 students with connectivity & utility services across the country. They now have several accolades to their name, including the “Top 1000 companies to inspire Britain” award and “Top Fast Growth Business”. With lovely offices in Clevedon, you’ll be joining a brand new team with aspirations to grow to 5-6 over the next few months, in a wider department 22 strong.
What you’ll be doing
Sat within an established department of highly technical specialists, you’ll be joining a brand-new team and will be responsible for the business’ core platforms & systems. Your focus will be to maintain, monitor, configure and support all critical Linux based systems used in day to day business, automating key tasks where possible in order to prioritise capacity for up & coming projects. The company are looking for self-starters who can work and communicate effectively with members across multiple departments and teams, and who can be relied on for their technical expertise as the business grows.
What experience you’ll need
- Proven experience in a sysadmin or similar role.
- Significant knowledge of Linux, experience of Debian would be a bonus.
- Experience of relational databases such as SQL/MySQL.
- Strong understanding of Apache.
- Understanding of virtualisation such as KVM, VMware, Hyper-V etc. would be beneficial.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Along with a competitive salary (up to £45K), you’ll be given 25 days annual holiday, private BUPA scheme & company pension, as well as insurance from the day you start. You also get a day off on your Birthday which is always nice! The culture is very laid back; quite an outgoing team with plenty of socials. There’s a lot of progression opportunity, with regular salary reviews and scope to move up the ranks.
Sound good to you? Please send your CV to Ellen or give us a call to find out more!