Senior DevOps Engineer
— Brand new role, leading retail brand.
- Brand new position created through growth.
- Make the role your own and see your ideas implemented.
- Progressive and adaptable technology exposure spread across multiple stacks.
Senior DevOps Engineer needed to join a leading retail brand in Somerset. They have ambitious growth plans over the next couple of years and plan to open another 67 stores by the end of this year. As part of this they’re also looking to ways technology can improve their business and are looking for an experienced DevOps practioner to join them.
What Skills you’ll be needing
- Commercial exposure to cloud technologies, ideally Amazon Web Services (AWS), but will also consider Google Cloud, Azure or Digital Ocean.
- Significant knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) and containerisation, ideally with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Demonstratable awareness of various configuration, build and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Selenium, Terraform etc.
- Linux/Windows system administration and scripting skills
- Background in building, maintaining, monitoring & scaling web/cloud based platforms.
- Commercial awareness to Agile/Scrum environments and working methodologies.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll working collaboratively with project and software teams to drive the development and deployment environment and processes. You’ll be at forefront of improving their development processes, taking ownership of the design, maintenance and deployment of their dev environments using open source technology. You’ll also manage and create workflows for continuous integration, testing, and deployment. As their Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll also key role in the testing and deployment of thier bespoke business systems used across the UK and Europe.
What you’ll get in return for your efforts
You’ll be offered a competitive salary of up to £65,000 with bonus - 10%. This role would suit someone who wants to come in and really make the role their own. You’d have the autonomy to make your decisions and if you’re the sort of person who enjoys designing a whole new way of working, setting best practice for the whole business and working directly with Senior Management then this would be the perfect role for you.
If this sounds like your next role hit apply! If you’d like more info on the role please an email to email@example.com or call 0117 926 9530.