Technical Architect (Java)
— New digital capability
Salary: £60K - £65K
- Brand new digital capability in a well-known eCommerce business.
- Java design & development.
- Great environment with flexible/remote working hours.
Experienced Technical Architect needed to join a brand new digital function in Somerset (easily commutable from Bristol, Bath, Bridgwater and Taunton). Part remote working & flexible working hours are available. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take the lead in a small team of Technical Architects.
What skills you’ll be needing
- You’ll be in expert in Java Design, development and testing.
- You’ll have a deep knowledge of modern architecture patterns as well as development standards & practices such as TDD or BDD.
- It’s expected that you would have acted as a mentor / lead in previous roles, and feel comfortable leading a small team.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills are essential.
- You’ll need to have an up to date knowledge of agile principles.
What you’ll be doing
You will be designing and developing code for the businesses new digital function, whilst also leading & mentoring more junior technical architects. As the Technical Architect you will be leading the development of technical specifications as well as ensuring the solutions are delivered to the highest standard. You’ll be striving to continuously improve processes and service levels and will be expected to contribute to the overall definition and delivery of the wider IT strategy.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a great opportunity for someone to come in at the start of something big and have the autonomy to shape the strategy and future of the function. You will be working for a very well-known and hugely successful company which is putting a lot of time, effort and money into building this capability in order to transform their digital offering. There are plenty of professional development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary & a variety of benefits including a very good discount on their products!
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to Hannah B (01179269530).Back to jobs