Application Support Engineer
— Brand-new cross-functional team
- Progressive company with an award-winning platform.
- Generous benefits scheme and flexible working options.
- Central location, modern offices and collaborative work environment.
An award-winning software house is looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their team in Southampton after recent integration of their product engineering team. The business offer a product which is based on employee engagement & analytics, focused on tapping into employee experience and comparing how different teams collaborate and reward themselves to better your business’ culture. Having gone through a recent migration with lots of project work upcoming, they’ve seen continued success through this trying period and are fully equipped to interview/onboard remotely.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in application support, preferably in Windows environments.
- Highly proficient with SQL, including scripting skills (SQL, PowerShell).
- Skilled in logging/monitoring tools like Stackify, AppVeyor or similar.
- Ability to configure CI/CD pipelines using things like Octopus, CircleCI or similar.
- Significant understanding of Windows OS & system administration. Linux would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of installs, configs & maintenance (SSL/TLS).
- Source control (Git), Web Server Admin (IIS), DNS.
- Awareness of cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) & managed service providers such as Rackspace would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a cross-functional product engineering team you will own the provision of operational support across the business’ product suite, acting as an SME for all aspects of the platform. Your day-to-day will include ticket handling & service-level escalations, stakeholder engagement to ensure defects meet SLAs as well as managing comms around defects via workflow management tools like JIRA/Teams/Zendesk. Your solution offering will cover automation, debugging & collaboration with other teams in product engineering, meaning technical aptitude & communication is key.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offers a great range of rewards which includes 25 days holiday (plus your Birthday off!), private healthcare, life assurance, flexible working, income protection etc. You’ll also get access to their award-winning online benefits scheme, which includes discounts on travel, cinema tickets, gym discounts and even a company car programme (effectively a ‘cycle to work scheme’ but for cars!). You’ll get a breadth of training and development opportunities including access to technical courses, conferences and study agreements. The culture is very tight-knit and in really modern offices, with all employees collaborating well and really defining a ‘social’ culture!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to be their best, so give Joe a call or send in your CV to find out more!