QA Automation Engineer
— Building a new product
Salary: £28K - £40K
- Building a brand-new product in a collaborative ‘DevOps’ culture.
- Work in a cross-functional team with a broad technology stack (Selenium, Postman, Java, Google Cloud, JMeter, Kubernetes etc.)
- Rapidly growing company with modern offices, central location and diverse client base.
An award-winning software house is looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join a team building a brand-new integration platform which sits on their growing product suite. The product is based on employee engagement, focusing on internal activity, time management and content awareness. They’re aiming to be a disruptor in the market and really tapping into employee experience and comparing how different teams collaborate. Having set up 15 years ago and now employing over 150 people, the business work with a varied client base of small and large businesses spread across the retail, telecoms and financial sectors, plus many more.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience of automated testing using various design patterns (i.e. Page Objects).
- Significant experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum, JIRA).
- Extensive background in writing automated test scripts in Selenium/Postman, preferably for web apps and REST API’s written in Java.
- Good knowledge of load testing, preferably using JMeter though Gatling is also beneficial.
- Excellent understanding of SQL as well as common database systems (e.g. SQL Server)
- Any experience with the Google Cloud platform, Kubernetes or Docker for continuous integration would be highly advantageous.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team of QA, Release Engineers and Product Owners, you’ll be working in a highly Agile environment to implement a new product into the wider employee engagement platform. You will be working with other engineers in the team to fully understand the system architecture to ensure you are using the most effective automation tools for acceptance testing and product integration at all times. Focusing on performance, stress and load, you will be implementing automated test suites across the entire application, as well as providing your own input into the platform architecture in order to assure best practice for testing and continuous delivery.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offers a great range of rewards which includes 25 days holiday (plus your Birthday off!), private healthcare, life assurance, income protection etc. You’ll also get access to their award-winning online benefits scheme, which includes discounts on travel, cinema tickets, gym discounts and even a company car programme (effectively a ‘cycle to work scheme’ but for cars!). You’ll get a breadth of training and development opportunities including access to CBT Nuggets, technical courses, conferences and study agreements. The culture is very tight-knit and in really modern offices, with all employees collaborating well and really defining the ‘DevOps’ culture!
This is a truly great opportunity with interviews taking place immediately, so if you’re interested, send your CV to Joe or give us a call to have a confidential chat.Back to jobs