— Growing, Multi-channel retailer.
- Thriving multi-channel business.
- Hands-on and strategic role.
- Flexible working is considered.
A pivotal role within this thriving, multi-channel retailer, the eCommerce Manager is responsible for the trading performance and customer experience of the website. The site is seeing growth, but the business is now seeking an experienced eCommerce expert who would relish the opportunity to focus on delivering substantial growth through this channel.
What you’ll be doing
The eCommerce Manager will own all aspects of the website experience, and be responsible for delivering against targets and managing budgets.
Day to day, you’ll need to be both strategic and hands-on; from implementing PPC & SEO campaigns, managing online content, and using Google Analytics to continuously improve the customer journey, to identifying and recommending a new site platform to take the eCommerce proposition to the next level.
You’ll use your commercial mind-set to deliver a winning trading strategy which drives online conversion rates, and provide relevant insights to the wider business on performance and customer response to trade initiatives.
A large part of your role will involve working with and communicating effectively with stakeholders. For example, you’ll work with the digital marketing coordinator to plan and deliver email & social media campaigns, and support the Operations Manager in implementing a robust trading forecast for online demand and KPIs by season. You’ll also be the key influencer in business projects that impact the website.
Finally, you’ll be expected to stay abreast of best practice and the latest industry developments, suggesting ways to improve the website based on this.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Experience in ecommerce trading, ideally within an FMCG business.
- Proven track record of delivering online sales growth within the UK market
- Experience of managing people & working with external agencies to implement projects.
- Key understanding of web analytics; tools, reporting and insights.
- Experience of optimising websites for good SEO performance.
- Strong commercial acumen; a hunger to identify opportunities to improve performance and overall online sales growth
- Experience of content management, social media and copywriting with an attention to detail
- A credible, confident approach to problem solving.
- A good communicator and team player who must be prepared to “roll up their sleeves”.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A salary of £35-45k is on offer, but if your expectations are slightly above the banding, please still apply as there is some flexibility, dependent upon experience. Enquire for additional benefits.
Send through your CV & get in touch with Rina for more information.Back to jobs