IT Support Engineer
— Award-winning software house in modern offices
Salary: £18K - £23K
- Innovative company and a leader in their field.
- Generous benefits scheme and flexible working options.
- Central location, modern offices and collaborative work environment.
I’m helping a progressive software house in Southampton to find an IT Support Engineer to join their team as they expand internally. The company has built a product which is based on employee engagement & analytics, focusing on tapping into employee experience and comparing how different teams collaborate and reward themselves. Having set up 15 years ago and now employing over 150 people, the business work with a varied client base of small and large businesses spread across the retail, telecoms and financial sectors, plus many more.
What skills you’ll need
- Demonstrable experience in an IT Support role, operating in a Wintel environment.
- Proven knowledge of supporting Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2+.
- Understanding of local & remote networking (LANs, WANs, VPNs etc.).
- Exposure to Office 365 support.
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) maintenance & configuration knowledge.
- Cabling & desk setups, patching, anti-virus maintenance etc.
What you’ll be doing
Sitting in the IT Support team in a Wintel environment, your primary responsibilities will be to support Windows 10 and Server 2012 R2+. As well as this you will undertake some O365 support, Windows updates via WSUS and local/remote networking with LANs, WANs & VPNs. Other ad-hoc tasks will include datacentre, server room and printer maintenance, backup & anti-virus configuration, as well as cabling/desk setups as and when required. You will need to communicate effectively across the business in order to resolve issues in a timely manner and at a high level.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offers a great range of rewards which includes 25 days holiday (plus your Birthday off!), private healthcare, life assurance, flexible working, income protection etc. You’ll also get access to their award-winning online benefits scheme, which includes discounts on travel, cinema tickets, gym discounts and even a company car programme (effectively a ‘cycle to work scheme’ but for cars!). You’ll get a breadth of training and development opportunities including access to technical courses, conferences and study agreements. The culture is very tight-knit and in really modern offices, with all employees collaborating well and really defining a social culture!
This is a fantastic opportunity in an innovative team. Sounds good? Give Joe a call or send in your CV to find out more!Back to jobs