Head of Online
— Thriving European eCommerce Brand
- Well-known brand with ambitious growth plans.
- Strong investment into eCommerce.
- English speaking business and additional EU language a plus.
A well-known eCommerce brand across Europe is looking to grow their digital trading function. They are currently driving high levels of online turnover, but with recent investment are looking at taking this to the next stage. New tools, new team – it’s a hugely exciting time to be joining the business!
This role is heading up an Online Trading / Merchandising team of 7 people.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting into the Chief Digital Officer, you’ll be leading the Online Trading function for the eCommerce business across 3 main brands operating all over Europe (including Germany, France, Netherlands and Belgium). The “Head of” the position will see you build the strategy from an online trading perspective that the 4 Online Trading Managers will follow, so coaching and developing them to shape your vision will be key.
Identifying new areas to improve the customer experience will in turn help drive conversions and raise average order value, in turn contributing to increases in online turnover. There are around 40 stores across Europe (currently 75% eCommerce turnover), the goal being to drive 95% sales online by the end of 2018. An understanding of omnichannel will really help to reach this realisation.
There is a wider team of 30 across digital marketing, analytics, operations etc, so you’ll need to liaise with these team members to ensure the eCommerce approach remains consistent across the business. This is a brilliant opportunity to work as part of a recognised brand, but with a start-up mentality to shape your role. Great to have a role with real autonomy and input from day one!
What experience you’ll need
- Have previously headed up an Online Trading / eCommerce team in a retail setting.
- Results driven with a proven track record of driving growth online.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills across key KPIs (sales funnel, user journey, assortment and forecasting).
- Remain up to date with eCommerce and Online Trading best practices in eCommerce.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
There is a competitive salary on offer, with potential flexibility depending on experience, so please get in touch if interested.
Contact Joe at ADLIB for more information.Back to jobs